HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH

flying newb

I suppose the size of battery a unit can take is base on manufacture spec. I have some older quads and Heli that I have bought used or just too much info. gone. The one I took from a 2000mah 2s to a 2200mah 2s with no problem at all, and I gave my Mcx a huge boost from what 100mah single cell to 230mahwith no problems. So my questions without changing the voltage how big could I go on the 2000mah? Can there be too big, If I stay in voltage? Surely there is?

luvmy40

Elite member
So, take this for what it cost you.

As long as you keep the cell count at or under the max the ESC can handle, the only thing a larger mAH rating does is increase your flight time AND WEIGHT. If the airframe can handle the weight, you should be good to go.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
So, take this for what it cost you.

As long as you keep the cell count at or under the max the ESC can handle, the only thing a larger mAH rating does is increase your flight time AND WEIGHT. If the airframe can handle the weight, you should be good to go.
To add one important detail: There is a point of diminishing returns when you have a battery that is so heavy and big it actually reduces flight time. And as you go up in battery size/weight then you will lose some performance/agility.

Piotrsko

Master member
Um you can have too much thrust. When the flying object spins uncontrollable when you hit full throttle, you have too much thrust. Think of helicopter withoout tail rotor