I have no idea what i am doing.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @CarolineTyler, I think the vBalance board is preventing the battery from charging. It looked like the vBalacne board was trying to balance you battery, possibly bring it to storage level. You could try connecting the main lead before the balance lead. You could also try the charging with just the main lead.

I noticed a reset button on the vBalance board, know idea what it does.

Toby_Warren

So a little update, I'm currently on holidays, not at home. Essentially i've bought a new balance charger which should hopefully work. In the meantime i need to explain that yes infact i know how batteries work, I am a technician I do soldering work and laptops repairs and such. And i am aware of how Li Po Batteries can be dangerous. But all I really needed was a tutorial on how to use this specific balance charger. It may even be broken, I don't know since I wasnt the one who owned it, it has no instructions or packaging and I cant find anything about it online.

Also the charger was set to 2200 mAh 3S because again, previous owner, I was not exposing myself to the possibility of blowing up a battery.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Better safe than sorry. Hope the new charger is easier to understand! Check that it has a “storage” function as that can be useful if you are not flying for a few days.