IMPORTANT Act now or FPV will be illegal in the USA

Tactical Ex

I know there are many threads already covering this but we really need to act as a community to fight this. That is why I feel no remorse reposting opinions and blanketing the forum with calls to action.

The FAA is trying to set up rules that effectively make FPV a criminal act.

You have until July 25th 2014 to comment and make your voice be heard in opposition to this. DO IT!

FT also linked to a petition that desperately needs signatures: Sign here

This video pretty much covers it all. Watch it, formulate your response and find the links in the description in order to send your response to the right place or just click on the links below.

Join the AMA - https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinnew.aspx?s=facebook
Sign the petition - here
Leave a comment to the FAA - Here

Last edited:

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
bump for new pilots. 50% off for AMA is a deal.

don't forget to sign the petitions.

Tactical Ex

I think I linked the signature page through my FB add-in so I get a notification every time someone signs it using the link in this thread. Please, sign and leave a comment for the FAA. So far only 5 people have used the link to sign and there have been more than 50 views ... that's sad.

In summary, what you can do to help ...
Join the AMA - https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinnew.aspx?s=facebook
Sign the petition - here
Leave a comment to the FAA - Here

DDSFlyer

Hey it's half off right now, and it includes a magazine! It can't hurt getting the AMA some funding to help fight for our hobby

earthsciteach

I'm basically a backyard anarchist and I joined the AMA. The magazine is nice and they seem to be saying the right things at this very critical time.

Tactical Ex

I'm not so hot on the AMA but I will join with my next paycheck and stay a member until at least until the end of the year to support the protest against the FAA's ridiculous behavior.

MT Alex

I just added my John Hancock , I was pretty surprised and disappointed that it only had 3359 signatures. I suppose I could join the AMA, not really thrilled about it, but some help is better than none.

Tactical Ex

Time is running out people, only 40% of the signatures required to do ANYTHING about this issue are in, there are 6,000 needed as of the time of me posting. You who are reading this, nobody is going to vote for you, YOU need to help if you care about this issue at all. Remember, signing is only 1 small way to support, leaving a comment at regulations.gov and joining the AMA are huge ways to support too.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
According to the Government website the BEST way to be heard is a comment on the site. Petitions are at the bottom of the list as useful but are still better than not doing anything.

Thurmond

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I'm thinking this will be like giving to a PBS drive or fire fighters fund. . . .many will wait until the last few days to comment.