Incader’s reserve

SSgt Duramax

it was a jetworks plane i built for builduary and it flew really well i havent bothered changing it
Thought about building a jetworks plane, but it is kind of annoying the way they nickel and dime you to death for the .stls, and once I started looking at the instructions, they look harder to build than my jets. But the fullback looks cool, and I may build it once I de edf my mig for prop power. Pretty convinced no one will build it until I get it ready for prop power. Don't know why petty stuff like that puts me off, but it does.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Thought about building a jetworks plane, but it is kind of annoying the way they nickel and dime you to death for the .stls, and once I started looking at the instructions, they look harder to build than my jets. But the fullback looks cool, and I may build it once I de edf my mig for prop power. Pretty convinced no one will build it until I get it ready for prop power. Don't know why petty stuff like that puts me off, but it does.
They are not hard just a lot of long thin pieces

SSgt Duramax

They are not hard just a lot of long thin pieces
When I say hard I really mean tedious. Although my mig is basically two sheets of foamboard stacked on top of each other, and the only challenging part is the forward fuselage/canopy.

What is this bring on the shinden... do I need to take a stab at one?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Were you thinking pusher prop, or a twin boom thing like FT did on the F-16? I tore my hand up pretty good on my Sparrow back when I was first starting out, never considered doing another pusher after that LOL. I do have your Mig plans, so 75 percent chance of a build, like I said I just need to "free" up my EDFs LOL

Last edited:

SSgt Duramax

Were you thinking pusher prop, or a twin boom thing like FT did on the F-16? I tore my hand up pretty good on my Sparrow back when I was first starting out, never considered doing another pusher after that LOL. I do have your Mig plans, so 75 percent chance of a build, like I said I just need to "free" up my EDFs LOL
I am going to convert my mig to a pusher, because i know lots of people don't have/like EDFs and a F pack motor should be good enough to fly it.

I won't build a pusher unless I can wing launch it or the motor is mounted on a pod. I pretty much discus launch my wing, and when I launch the mig, I don't even toss it from the bottom, I grab it toward the inside of the wing and kind of fling it like that.

So if I build a jetworks one, it will be out of engines from the mig, but I may also just build another, nicer looking mig. Jetworks also doesn't have any singe 70mm jets.

I have been waffling between building a Habu style trainer and a T-33/P-80 for a while, which if I could simplify the build enough, and maybe get to fly on 3s, then that could get more people into jets. The mig is easy to build, but twin EDFs could be cost probibitive (although I don't think most people realize a two pack of those engines is $50 and it runs off common 40a escs) twin 50mms are cheaper than one 70mm which runs off a more expensive 80a esc..... but i digress.

I think the biggest thing is probably the bigger battery requirement, many people don't have 4S batteries, or the desire to get them, so if you get something that flies ok 3S like the mig, maybe they'll try it.

Last edited:

SSgt Duramax

Gen Z -style joke:

Q: How many Gen Xs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Beans.
Millenial Joke:

Q: How many Gen Zs does it take to screw in a lightbulb.

A: Trick question, it magically screw in itself. But everyone should be paid $30 an hour, have their school loans forgiven, and have free medical care, and only work when it fulfills their soul.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Millenial Joke:

A: Trick question, it magically screw in itself. But everyone should be paid $30 an hour, have their school loans forgiven, and have free medical care, and only work when it fulfills their soul.

Wish I got $30 an hour lol

Millenial Joke:

Tell you what - things definitely ARE changing. I just took a walk around midtown for a couple hours today. Counter service is horrendous. So many of these young people have no hustle. I did that sort of work more than I care to admit, and the best service workers are alert, awake & aware, with an aggressive approach and a sense of urgency, and stay in control of their station. They keep things moving, they serve people quick and get them out of the store. These days I've had people tell me you can hardly staff your store, people just don't want to work. I guess they take what they can get, but it drives their business to the ground when they're staffed with wet rags.