Interview: How would YOU stop FPV abuse?

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Good question. Why is that?
More importantly, I have a fence around my yard and keep my doors locked, yet last year my house was still broken into. Why is that? ;)

The fence is around my yard because most people understand its message and respect it. I have a cattle gate across my driveway. When I close the gate, people don't come up my driveway. If somebody wanted to rob my house, it wouldn't stop them. They would just open the gate. But the fence and gate is still effective at protecting my privacy, and it prevents casual theft and vandalism from people wandering through my property (e.g. kids taking a shortcut). It also reduces excuses for people to intrude on my property--e.g. donkey escapes from the neighbor's pen and wanders onto my property meaning neighbor comes onto my property to retrieve it, and yes, that actually happened once before I had the fence.

You seem to be saying that fences are pointless, but they're clearly not. The question should be, "should we build a fence, and if so, how high should it be, and should it be electrified with barb wire, or just white pickets." Arguing that fences are pointless just makes it easy to dismiss you from the argument altogether, and that's not helpful to anybody, yourself included.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
You seem to be saying that fences are pointless, but they're clearly not.

That isn't what I said and you know it. This is becoming an argument of symantics here, not logic. You can say what you will, and so far I haven't said you are wrong... entirely...

But understand I KNOW I'm not wrong. History has proven it on a moment by moment basis. Further argument with each other on this is, for all practical purposes, an exercise in futility... Fences have NOTHING to do with the original argument, and you are simply manufacturing a scenario, and putting words in my mouth...

THAT said, I'm bored, so if you want to continue... :D

Last edited: