Just VENTING about Corona-HYSTERIA

In the Los Angeles riots, thousands of people attacked shops and people to get revenge on people who had nothing to do with Rodney King. Those who had AR's and AK's used them to scare off the rioters. Those who did not were attacked.

personally I dont consider protecting my own property or my neighbors for that matter vigilantism, and if it is I dont care becuase we have no cops here to do the job...when surrounded by snowflakes, someone needs to man up.... mulon labe
Dammit I'm trying to stay out of this thread. Your mention of snowflakes wins my "like".

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
In the Los Angeles riots, thousands of people attacked shops and people to get revenge on people who had nothing to do with Rodney King. Those who had AR's and AK's used them to scare off the rioters. Those who did not were attacked.

personally I dont consider protecting my own property or my neighbors for that matter vigilantism, and if it is I dont care becuase we have no cops here to do the job...when surrounded by snowflakes, someone needs to man up.... mulon labe
It took me a minute to realize you were talking about the last LA riots...
Unfortunately nobody here seems to be taking any action to defend themselves and if they did I'm sure the media would jump on them.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
It took me a minute to realize you were talking about the last LA riots...
Unfortunately nobody here seems to be taking any action to defend themselves and if they did I'm sure the media would jump on them.
the looters have emptied the city's and now moved into the suburbs in Illinois today.....to hell with the media/fake news protect yourselves people

by the way I crackup every time I read that :)
Stop! Don't make this my favorite thread.
You guys are a bunch of knuckleheads.
There. Now I feel a little bit better.
To the virus, and protesting and looting and firearms and everything else:
ban all the things.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Tough questions. We can't stay in our homes forever, but again we don't all want to go back to normal and have a reoccurring wave of cases. Research shows that the widespread usage of proper masks could really help, and that way we could open things up. The problem is that masks protect others from you, not really you at all. This is what many Asians do, but we all know that wouldn't be tolerated AT ALL here. it would most be a violation to your rights of happiness! :oops::mad::rolleyes:

As we've all noted, we all have different views here and I truly enjoy that this is about the most intelligent discussion i've seen on the topic so far so I don't want to come across as rude, but I don't think you've lived your life and experienced what it takes to appreciate what freedom is in the same way as some of us have.
I don't think people need to wear masks every time they go out. Actually I find it comical when I see people in their car or going on a walk while wearing a mask since they don't have any contact with anybody. I'm just suggesting that when people go into an enclosed area like a store or something to put one on. No shoes, no shirt, no service - is it really that traumatizing to people to have to wear a mask for the couple minutes they are in a store?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Over in a nearby town, the same thing happened. All the Men and Women who knew how to use guns and weaponry stood guard over the whole town. So cool.
I'm not trying to open another can of worms (and quite frankly I don't know where I stand on this issue because there isn't any right or wrong answer) but I wanted to throw this out there as food for thought. What happens when everybody's safe from everybody else? It is kinda like the cold war - just on a smaller scale. People want to have just as much protection as other people or else they feel threatened.

Legendary member
I don't think people need to wear masks every time they go out. Actually I find it comical when I see people in their car or going on a walk while wearing a mask since they don't have any contact with anybody. I'm just suggesting that when people go into an enclosed area like a store or something to put one on. No shoes, no shirt, no service - is it really that traumatizing to people to have to wear a mask for the couple minutes they are in a store?
I can agree with that, if it makes people feel safer and alleviates mass panic then be my guest. Some people do take it a bit too far though, when I'm out running I'll pass people out walking in full PPE, mask, gloves, MOPP suit, etc. and they'll cross the street just to not have to walk past me. It's almost funny.

Liam B

Interesting thread haha.

Living in the middle of nowhere suddenly has its perks. We've had four cases in our entire county.

As for rioting and looting, none. However, there are peaceful, police-supported protests. Another thing to mention is that their are an extremely low number (I can count on my hands, and I know all of them) of African-American families in our community, so I was really charmed to see peaceful protests in planning.

Legendary member
Interesting thread haha.

Living in the middle of nowhere suddenly has its perks. We've had four cases in our entire county.

As for rioting and looting, none. However, there are peaceful, police-supported protests. Another thing to mention is that their are an extremely low number (I can count on my hands, and I know all of them) of African-American families in our community, so I was really charmed to see peaceful protests in planning.
A well organized, truly peaceful protest is the highest form of patriotism. It's uniquely American.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I'm not trying to open another can of worms (and quite frankly I don't know where I stand on this issue because there isn't any right or wrong answer) but I wanted to throw this out there as food for thought. What happens when everybody's safe from everybody else? It is kinda like the cold war - just on a smaller scale. People want to have just as much protection as other people or else they feel threatened.

Safety is a state of mind and body.

'Having a gun makes you armed as much as having a guitar makes you a musician.'-Cooper

The Broward County Sheriff showed us that one plain as day. He had the weapon, he had the training, he had armor, he had the skill but he lacked the will to put himself in danger to protect the children he was sworn to defend.

Weapons do not protect people.

The will to own them, practice with them, keep in shape to deploy them and the will to use them is what protects people. But none of these are things you can buy. You can only buy the weapon. The only way to be armed is to have the discipline to conquer yourself and your fear, to develop the will to persevere.

Therefore, protect yourself all you want. Reasonable, strong, disciplined men and women who live without fear tend to make good neighbors.

FliteTest is a breeding ground for people to learn how to challenge themselves, bounce back from a crash and pass their knowledge on to others in a bid to make our community a better place to be. We teach discipline and how to overcome adversity and fear right here in these forums.

More good neighbors for sure. :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Safety is a state of mind and body.

'Having a gun makes you armed as much as having a guitar makes you a musician.'-Cooper

The Broward County Sheriff showed us that one plain as day. He had the weapon, he had the training, he had armor, he had the skill but he lacked the will to put himself in danger to protect the children he was sworn to defend.

Weapons do not protect people.

The will to own them, practice with them, keep in shape to deploy them and the will to use them is what protects people. But none of these are things you can buy. You can only buy the weapon. The only way to be armed is to have the discipline to conquer yourself and your fear, to develop the will to persevere.

Therefore, protect yourself all you want. Reasonable, strong, disciplined men and women who live without fear tend to make good neighbors.

FliteTest is a breeding ground for people to learn how to challenge themselves, bounce back from a crash and pass their knowledge on to others in a bid to make our community a better place to be. We teach discipline and how to overcome adversity and fear right here in these forums.

More good neighbors for sure. :)
Not really the point I was trying to make, but yes - I agree with your post.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I can agree with that, if it makes people feel safer and alleviates mass panic then be my guest. Some people do take it a bit too far though, when I'm out running I'll pass people out walking in full PPE, mask, gloves, MOPP suit, etc. and they'll cross the street just to not have to walk past me. It's almost funny.
Yeah, it is comical! Whatever suits them lol - not what I would do though. :LOL:

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Q- How do you get lots of people to wear their masks in public?
A- hold a riot

Q- how do you get people to forget about a pandemic?
A- hold a riot

Q- how do you get the Fake Media to change the topic?
A- hold a riot

Q- how do you keep 1000's of released prisoners busy?
A- hold a riot

anybody else got one :devilish: