KISS FC flashing with Mac computer

I have recently made a mega jump in multirotor building,,,,with the last being a tricoptor using a kk2 board. I realize there have been many FC generations since then but still decided to jump in feet first. I just completed a build of a Rotor Riot 6" Alien butter kwad with KISS FC & 24a ESC's. It is pretty much stock Rotor Riot offerings with the exception of the VTX (Lumenier TX5GPro 600mW) and the Spektrum receiver, SPM4649T DSMX.

The build was quite fun and a soldering challenge but feel good about it {thanks entirely to the Rotor Riot build video by Chad, finalglidesaus}. From all of my prep searching and studying I knew that before I was even out of the gate I had two strikes against me (from an information availability standpoint,,,,for the whole process):

-----I am a Spektrum user (i.e. DX8G2)
-----As well as a Mac user (desktop OSX 10.10.5) (but also have available iPhone and iPad)

To reiterate, the build is complete. But now the hard part is upon me (i.e. the firmware flashing and transmitter binding). I have searched and searched the internet for help in this area (relative to Mac and Spektrum users) and have found little if any pertinent (up to date) help. Even what I have found on the kissflyduino website has been confusing (in part for my lack of current FC flashing/firmware jargon). Fundamentally, I hardly know which end is up. I do have some understanding about the process but just not enough to know which GUI to download,,,,steps when using the Mac,,,,,which (non-beta) firmware to choose,,,,,the list goes on and on and on. Yes,,,,,I have run across a couple of YouTubes on the subject and also the KISS thread on the RC Group forum where everything KISS should be,,,,,,,,but I am reluctant to place much stock into any posts/information/thoughts that are much more than 6 months old due to the how this area of technology is moving/changing.

So,,,,I plead my case,,,,,,I need help/direction/etc. Thanks to Chris of everythingcpo,,,,,he bailed me out with the same issues (with one of his many excellent instructional videos) when I built my tricoptor. I know that there has to be other Mac/Spektrum quad builder/flyers out there with current expertise on the above. I look forward to hearing from you! ! ! Thanks all upfront. You're such a great community!

Marty