Let's talk about chuck gliders

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
The calls to produce a foamboard chuck glider finally got through, so Ross Clements drafted up a prototype for us and then I modified it to get the wings and tail to key in for guaranteed alignment. I present to you the Sweepette Foamie from J&H Aerospace!

The files have been updated, so this model is now nice and strong. The revised version still shows no stress cracking despite numerous flying sessions. I've attached the plans to this post, so you can download and build your own. Best of all, one sheet of DTFB makes 3 of them!

Those who wish to do so may also purchase kits through J&H Aerospace: http://jhaerospace.com/product/sweepette-foamie/

Attachments

• SweepetteFoamie 12inx21in.pdf
    5.6 KB · Views: 0

Iridescent Wings

Hey Josh... I've spend the morning making a chuck glider and it won't behave, do you suggest building one from plans this time? Lol!

Really though, it's kind of annoying but I think all it needs is a new stab and fuselage and wing. And vertical stab.

And ballast clay.

(Maybe even a new glue)

Iridescent Wings

Do you have a problem similar to how the paper wrinkles up when it's being ironed? It's probably because I'm rubbing it too hard when I iron it =P