linkage stoppers on servo arms mini pig build

dukw

I take it when using linkage stoppers on 9051 servo i'll have to drill out the hole in order to use them? looks like Ill need a small washer in order to get the linkage stopper snug also. I see the stoppers used in the video on the mini guinea pig build... But cant if they are using the hole furthest from the servo?? Anybody know ? this is my first build since in 28 years.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yep - that's a pretty common thing I end up doing on FT kits and lots of my own builds too. In fact, it's pretty rare that I don't need to do some adjusting like what you mention - I never seem to get linkage stoppers from the same people who make servos :)

Also, I've had to dremel off some of the screw post sticking down on linkage stoppers so they would clear servo bodies on the middle holes. I don't think I've ever tried to use the close to the servo holes on anything yet - love the new programmable radio tech that lets us limit servo rates and adjust travel speed individually per channel if necessary - so much easier than the old days where the servo and control surface horn were the only adjustment options :)

And welcome to the forums, and back to building!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Personally I stopped fitting linkage stoppers on the servo arms a long time ago. Simply I found it easier to do adjustments on the exterior of the plane at the control horn mounted linkage stopper.

This allowed me to select another hole in the servo output arm without drilling, removing the servo, or even removing the pushrod by just removing the servo control arm move the pushrod to the new hole and refitting the servo output arm. It also allowed me a little more room around the servo, especially height.

As for selecting the required hole I just guess and fit the whole servo, pushrod, control horn arrangement and check for the required deflections. I then change hole selected if required, either on the servo output arm or on the control horn.

This is just what I do now for ALL of my builds. I find it more user friendly. You do what works best for you of course!