Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation Plans and Modeling

unrauv

Cool - and it's sitting in your "Constellation Room"!

DamoRC

This plane / plans were my ultimate build. I wanted to do it earlier but I needed develop my technique on CAD and building. Yes my constellation room is filling up with models, perils of been able to CAD, 3D model and then build them. That are piling up. :p

unrauv

Finished stringers, have to make some additions in gaps. Fit the battery cover and two nacelles...

20180914_112006.jpg

20180914_112006.jpg

20180914_112036.jpg
20180914_112051.jpg

20180914_112006.jpg
20180914_112036.jpg
20180914_112051.jpg
20180914_112326.jpg
20180914_112346.jpg

20180914_112326.jpg

20180914_112346.jpg

PoorManRC

Master member
That Sir, is ARTISTRY in Foam Core Board Aircraft construction!!! 🏆👏👏👏👏👏👏👏:cool:(y)(y)

So, the Fuse just starts out with a similar to FT Box Frame, with round Spars made out of........ what, DTFB??
Skinned with what?

And the Engine Nacelles, GREAT idea!! I'm going to have to "borrow" a few ideas here, for my upcoming Build. ;)
Over the Top work!

unrauv

That Sir, is ARTISTRY in Foam Core Board Aircraft construction!!! 🏆👏👏👏👏👏👏👏:cool:(y)(y)

So, the Fuse just starts out with a similar to FT Box Frame, with round Spars made out of........ what, DTFB??
Skinned with what?

And the Engine Nacelles, GREAT idea!! I'm going to have to "borrow" a few ideas here, for my upcoming Build. ;)
Over the Top work!

Bulkheads are cut from foam board. I could add cut outs for each bulkhead to ensure proper dimension. With hand cutting the dimensions variation can cause some skinning issues.

1) The skins are poster board.
2) the nacelles are designed to take a 3.2 mm gear mount plate and a 4 mm screw block. The servoless retracts will now screw into the blocks with now issues.

3) The fuse is a two piece design with an Elmers mightycore internal stiffener. There will be a plate in the front for the nose servoless retract.

Vince

Last edited:

PoorManRC

Master member
That's awesome Vince, thank you!
I'm doing a "my prototype", starting with Storch and Legacy parts... Winging most of it, but I'd like it to look feasible. The rectangular Fuse bothers my OCD! I wanted come up with something, that wouldn't add a lot of weight, but look more like a Fuselage Tube, and not a Toothpaste Container!!! :p
I do plan on upping the Power, to compensate...

The way you did your Bulkheads is about exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

And OMG!!! This Connie is going to be SWEET!

unrauv

I am clearing out the room of planes into out storage locker. I am going to finish the C-46 Commando, F8F Bearcat.
That's awesome Vince, thank you!
I'm doing a "my prototype", starting with Storch and Legacy parts... Winging most of it, but I'd like it to look feasible. The rectangular Fuse bothers my OCD! I wanted come up with something, that wouldn't add a lot of weight, but look more like a Fuselage Tube, and not a Toothpaste Container!!! :p
I do plan on upping the Power, to compensate...

The way you did your Bulkheads is about exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

And OMG!!! This Connie is going to be SWEET!

Thanks man! Gotta make room in the room, planes going into the storage locker today.

PoorManRC

Master member
I am clearing out the room of planes into out storage locker. I am going to finish the C-46 Commando, F8F Bearcat.

Thanks man! Gotta make room in the room, planes going into the storage locker today.
C-46???? WOW! There's one that nobody seems to Model... I'd want a look.
...... It's been so long, she's a Convair, Right?