• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Long-Wing Sparrow

Long-Wing Sparrow 1.1

Ryan O.

Ryan O. submitted a new resource:

Long-Wing Sparrow - Of all the things that damaged it, it was a streamer flight

It started as a design for B.S. Projects FF '19 cargo plane, and it ended as a plane that wouldn't die. The cargo plane didn't work too well, but it is really strong. The standard Sparrow, but with a larger wing, F pack, and increased throws. Please do me a favor, don't hand toss this unless you know how to. I overbuilt the wing, but all that is needed should be two paint sticks in the wing. Mine had a larger tail that didn't seem to help because it was very weak and had too much pitch...
Read more about this resource...

Ryan O.

When building make sure to give it some down thrust angle to counteract the power of the motor. When flying make sure not to push it to the edge of a stall because then it tip stalls and goes into a very hard to recover from spin. Landing is a piece of cake because it is a ground effect beast!

Ryan O.

Ryan O. updated Long-Wing Sparrow with a new update entry:

How to carry

I used to carry my plane by the fuselage which was a mistake because over time the fuselage would bend in on itself causing the two servo horns for the v-tail to collide with each other. After a while that can cause the plane to not control properly like it did for mine, so instead carry it by the wing.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Ryan O.

If you want to use larger than stock servo arms for better throws you should put one servo slightly lower than the other so that they don't rub against each other.

Ryan O.

So unfortunately, my original prototype's fuselage has become too weak and flimsy, so after a crash I scrapped it for the snow skimmer. Here was the last flight. It was tail heavy as well.