Looks like Flite Test has Spam

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It happens. If you see it, go to the post and click on "Report" at the bottom of the post, you can let the moderators know and they'll come through and police it. :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Caroline, good to know that you can ignore the usernames too! :) I was just letting the OP know; they're not someone I've seen their name pop up before, so I figured just throwing the info out there would be good. :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
What do you mean? Did someone give you a hard time for reporting it?
Was told to just report, apparently posting a comment only adds more work for the moderators. I reckon they do a cracking job and making it harder for them is not something I want to do.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Was told to just report, apparently posting a comment only adds more work for the moderators. I reckon they do a cracking job and making it harder for them is not something I want to do.
I'm sure they realize you had good intentions.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I did that and got told off by the moderators ;)

Not sure if you meant me, but if you did, I apologize for the misunderstanding -- I try to save harsh words for those with ill-intent, but dry text is too easy to leave a burred edge. If frustration after a long day bled through, I apologize.

As for the OP, yeah, we get spam. A LOT of spam. Mostly ballot stuffing for google rank, but we've seen an occasional malicious link -- for goodness sake, don't click them!

There are measures in place, and we smash it when it's found, most automatically, some as we wander through . . .

. . .but you are our last line of defense.

See it, report it, and someone will manually review it when they get a chance . . . And it will quietly disappear :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Not sure if you meant me, but if you did, I apologize for the misunderstanding -- I try to save harsh words for those with ill-intent, but dry text is too easy to leave a burred edge. If frustration after a long day bled through, I apologize.

As for the OP, yeah, we get spam. A LOT of spam. Mostly ballot stuffing for google rank, but we've seen an occasional malicious link -- for goodness sake, don't click them!

There are measures in place, and we smash it when it's found, most automatically, some as we wander through . . .

. . .but you are our last line of defense.

See it, report it, and someone will manually review it when they get a chance . . . And it will quietly disappear :)
No problem, you guys do a fantastic job 👍👍👍😃😃😃

Corbarrad

Good on you for reporting spam and thanks to the moderators for keeping the Forums as clean as humanly possible.

I usually make sure to report any spam or bot post I come across, but never reply to them.
Replies to these posts posts are probably used as a metric to gauge success by their automated systems and that means more spam will follow.

Bots are pretty easy to spot as the posts automatically generated and often have little to to no conntent related to the topic.

JennyC6

Elite member
What do you mean? Did someone give you a hard time for reporting it?
Pretty much every forum I have ever visited in the past 25-odd years of browsing forums has had a rule in place against it. Two reasons behind it.

1: Gives staff another post to delete.

2: Encourages the spammer to return on an alt by giving them attention and bumping their spam post.