Maiden flite

Moekbrit

I'm new to rc and built the a10 and spitfire and a bit scared of the first flight any tips of how to keep the planes in the air till I can trim them up

Burnhard

Hi there. If you have not flown RC before, strongly suggest to start with a simulator and then move to a more simple plane like the tiny trainer. Both the A10 and the Spit are low wing planes and not beginn friendly.

Make sure that you have the CG right (I missed that on my spit and had a rather short flight).

Consider installing an Aura. In six axis stabilization the Aura basically handles everything. You can put flight modes on a switch so that you can switch off the Aura once in the air.

Good luck with the maiden.

Moekbrit

Hi there. If you have not flown RC before, strongly suggest to start with a simulator and then move to a more simple plane like the tiny trainer. Both the A10 and the Spit are low wing planes and not beginn friendly.

Make sure that you have the CG right (I missed that on my spit and had a rather short flight).

Consider installing an Aura. In six axis stabilization the Aura basically handles everything. You can put flight modes on a switch so that you can switch off the Aura once in the air.

Good luck with the maiden.
Thanks I have put a gyro in them.i think it might be worth joining the local club

Shurik-1960

If there is an opportunity to join the club, this is the best solution. I learned to fly by myself and got a lot of adrenaline, which I remembered for the rest of my life. I have more than 40 children and adults whom I have taught to fly a Cessna 150 made of Styrofoam.The models are overhead gliders, Bixler-type motor gliders are best suited, these are the best training aircraft models.

Burnhard

Thanks I have put a gyro in them.i think it might be worth joining the local club
Joining a local club is a great idea!

Check that the gyro is properly calibrated. I started the same way but the gyro did nit what I wanted it to do. Only after I ripped it from the plane did the plane what I wanted it to do.