Master series Trojan T-28

I started painting the plans in SketchUp, Trojan T-28 master series version. The first part

Sin título.png

to be continue......

Whit Armstrong

Elite member

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
That's a sweet looking airplane! If you want, I can build and test out the design for you. It's so cool seeing this all be done in SketchUp, I downloaded it and wasn't able to make much more than a paper airplane. only recently have I gotten access to fusion through my school which works fantastic. Any plans to make a curved piece to blend the top of the wing to the wingtip?

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
That's a sweet looking airplane! If you want, I can build and test out the design for you. It's so cool seeing this all be done in SketchUp, I downloaded it and wasn't able to make much more than a paper airplane. only recently have I gotten access to fusion through my school which works fantastic. Any plans to make a curved piece to blend the top of the wing to the wingtip?

That kind of thing is impossible to do in cad, and it messes with the unwrapping algorithm. You can just squeeze the tip together in real life.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
same here i wouldn't mind testing this design out, looks like it should be really stable with the dihedral, on there...
this is one of the few planes that looks good with lots of diheral, others look silly
Even with dihedral, it's still a warbird, not an rc trainer. It'll probably fly like the ft mm ms A6M but with the roll axis being slightly less neutral.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Even with dihedral, it's still a warbird, not an rc trainer. It'll probably fly like the ft mm ms A6M but with the roll axis being slightly less neutral.
You don't need dihedral on every plane. Who knows maybe this plane will fly fine with a little or a lot! I would start with more than less and work your way down to until it is the way you want it to fly

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
You don't need dihedral on every plane. Who knows maybe this plane will fly fine with a little or a lot! I would start with more than less and work your way down to until it is the way you want it to fly
The reason for the dihedral in the first place is that on the full scale t28 there is a lot of dihedral so he put it in to make it scale. But you're right, it could fly better with no dihedral or with a ton, who knows! If/when I were to build it though, I'd opt to keep it scale even if I sacrifice some performance.

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
The reason for the dihedral in the first place is that on the full scale t28 there is a lot of dihedral so he put it in to make it scale. But you're right, it could fly better with no dihedral or with a ton, who knows! If I were to build it though, I'd opt to keep it scale even if I sacrifice some performance.
agreed.. "If it looks scale, that's all that matters" Matthew du Preez