a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
FTF-March Madness ENTRY 10

Welcome aboard to the madness.

Good luck.

What is on your punch list before flight?

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Well, I got a update on the plane, I redrew all the plans (they were in a older format) and changed a couple of thing. I'll evaluate on those changes later once it flies...hopefully:black_eyed:

Here is it right now without a canopy.
a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

DMC RC

DMC RC
It's looking great, I am hoping to start soon my my Mighty Mini VG.33 Project. A very similar idea to yours just the VG is one of the more obscure French aircraft of the second world war. Also, thanks for the cockpit lamination tip, it's genius. here is the 3 way for the VG,
vg.33 3-veiw.gif

Good luck on the rest of the build! I plan to make even more of these mini warbirds, and I will probably start a thread just for them (Simlar to the Bloody Baby WWII planes), unless you do so first that is. ;)

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
It's looking great, I am hoping to start soon my my Mighty Mini VG.33 Project. A very similar idea to yours just the VG is one of the more obscure French aircraft of the second world war. Also, thanks for the cockpit lamination tip, it's genius. here is the 3 way for the VG,
View attachment 105442

Good luck on the rest of the build! I plan to make even more of these mini warbirds, and I will probably start a thread just for them (Simlar to the Bloody Baby WWII planes), unless you do so first that is. ;)

Cool good luck with your build!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
OOO peoples talking about the vg33, I plan to make one myself but at a rather large scale. Won't come that soon unfortunately.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Maiden success!

I finally got a maiden of V1.1 it flew great but there are a couple of things I'll need to change.

1. I barely got it in the air due to heavy torque roll on take off this leads into problem two.

2. The ailerons were very wierd at slow speeds like during a launch they had like zero authority or very little for that matter so I'm going to increase there size but it will be a little less scale.

3. The hatch flew off so I'll need to actually secure it...it was friction fit before.

Aside from those three problems it flew great, the CG was spot on, it was pretty fast when you firewalled it and slowed down quite nice for landings. Overall I very happy with the way V2 turned out and hope to release the plans soon.

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Congrats on the maiden! And yeah, there's a reason those crazy 3D planes have ailerons the size of barn doors. On a lot of succesfull scale model designs (at least in my experience) the flight characteristics are improved by increasing both the control surface and tail surface sizes by 10-20%