Mustang turtle deck and canopy

Fatherdave

I couldn’t get the posterboard to take the contour of the turtle deck without creasing so I used a 2 liter pop bottle it came out so good I’m going to use the same thing for the canopy
95528115-2D2E-45B4-9502-A606E8EB9753.jpeg

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
poster board just like wood has a grain. it will roll perfect in one direction and crease in the other. always make sure you check and make sure the grain allows your part to do what you want before cutting out. if it want's to crease then turn it 90 degrees and try again, bet it will work fine.

2L bottle will be cool though. not sure that i have seen anyone make the turtle deck out of one before. lot's of canopies but never a turtle deck.

good luck,

me :cool:

Timmy

Legendary member
posterboard just like wood has a grain. it will roll perfect in one direction and crease in the other. always make sure you check and make sure the grain allows your part to do what you want before cutting out. if it want's to crease then turn it 90 degrees and try again, bet it will work fine.

2L bottle will be cool though. not sure that i have seen anyone make the turtledeck out on one before. lot's of canopies but never a turtledeck.

good luck,

How can you tell which direction the grain is running in?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
just try and shape it. if you get a piece you will see pretty quickly what i am talking about. one direction it will roll over prefect, the other it will bind and crease. depending upon your part, cut accordingly.

good luck,

Timmy

Legendary member
just try and shape it. if you get a piece you will see pretty quickly what i am talking about. one direction it will roll over prefect, the other it will bind and crease. depending upon your part, cut accordingly.

good luck,

ok thanks!

LundiThembi

Mist with water before rolling, paper fibers relax, become very flexible, makes it easy to roll thicker stuff. After misting, rubber band around appropriate diameter bottle or whatever.