I need to build some thing

chickenhawk

I need to build something, to early to start a big winter time project. But below 0 and snow outside. Must have rules, use only what I have at home no ordering stuff. Max wing span 50 inch or under, one peice wing attached to fuselage. ( That way will fit in back of the truck or back of the Honda car ) And needs to be something different ( I have 6 crop dusters now) . So lets see, I have 10 sheets of foam board a 50 pack of 12 inch glue sticks. So hear goes, red and black paint out of my wifes craft room, canopy a 2 liter pop bottle out of the recycling bin. Decals printed on clear label paper. Everything else was out of my extra bin. I give you my version of a T45.

Attachments

• 20231118_110324.jpg
    20231118_110324.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I need to build something, to early to start a big winter time project. But below 0 and snow outside. Must have rules, use only what I have at home no ordering stuff. Max wing span 50 inch or under, one peice wing attached to fuselage. ( That way will fit in back of the truck or back of the Honda car ) And needs to be something different ( I have 6 crop dusters now) . So lets see, I have 10 sheets of foam board a 50 pack of 12 inch glue sticks. So hear goes, red and black paint out of my wifes craft room, canopy a 2 liter pop bottle out of the recycling bin. Decals printed on clear label paper. Everything else was out of my extra bin. I give you my version of a T45.
Did you ever fly your Me-262?

chickenhawk

Take off looked great, lots of power. About 50 yards out you can hear motor surging down. Right hand wing tip drops, back off throttle and add opposite aileron. Power comes back on and make it another 50 yards and motor surges again but left hand wing drops. I did get it turned around and got it back safe onto the ground. The motors did the surging thing about 4 more times. Got it home and on the bench and tied down, powered it up and ran 3 batteries at full pop and no surging. ?????????????? This is where I now sit.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Take off looked great, lots of power. About 50 yards out you can hear motor surging down. Right hand wing tip drops, back off throttle and add opposite aileron. Power comes back on and make it another 50 yards and motor surges again but left hand wing drops. I did get it turned around and got it back safe onto the ground. The motors did the surging thing about 4 more times. Got it home and on the bench and tied down, powered it up and ran 3 batteries at full pop and no surging. ?????????????? This is where I now sit.
I'm no expert, but would that be an ESC issue? It sounds like some power issues heading to your motors.

chickenhawk

No this year we are going to try something different, we are going to take a quad out with a snow plow and plow the run way off. No skis all wheels. Just rember the ground has no give. LOL