My review of the K-Mart Strike Force 3-channel Helicopter

TimberWolffe

Zoomy Thing Enthusiast
Hi all! I've only recently got into the hobby so excuse me if my review's a bit sloppy. Today I got myself the Strike Force helicopter from K-Mart, an Australian...Everything store. It was easy to find and had a range of more RC models around it, which I'm eager to try, as they're quite cheap. The look of the heli was nice, and the packaging showed both the heli and the Transmitter, which is a 3 channel 2 mode infra-red thingy. At only $20 I couldn't resist, so I picked it up along with a 12 pack of batteries, coming to a grand total of $30.

As soon as I got home it was ready to fly, the internal 1s 150mAH Li-Po battery already fully charged, so naturally I took it for a bit of a fly around the lounge room, which is fairly small. I have to say, it's a brilliant heli for it's price. I barely had to trim, but once I did it was a perfect beginner heli. Flying around in Mode I you get a nice sense for the heli, it's sensitivity, lift, response times and what-have-you. I did crash it a few times, but that's because my lounge room isn't too big, about 5m*4m. After about 10 minutes the battery was dead so I stuck it on to charge, which takes about 40 minutes. Then I flew it around in Mode II, which allows for higher speeds and responsiveness. By this time the air conditioner had been turned on so I gave it a few passes through, and I have to say for being so small and light it did okay, still got pushed around but not by much.

The frame is all aluminium, and the blades collapse on impact, making for a very forgiving model. It comes with an included function of a toggleable white LED on the front, and a constant red LED behind that so that if you want you can do night flying, and it comes with a bag of 2 spare blades, a spare tail rotor and a spare flybar connecting rod.

I apologise for not having any pictures but it would be irresponsible of me to take pictures whilst flying.
Overall, I have to say, it's a nice model. It flies well and is a good beginner heli, the Transmitter is comfortable to hold and has very nice stick grip and it's fairly inexpensive, so if you break it beyond repair it's only $20 for a new one. I would definitely recommend it to anyone you want to get into the hobby, or perhaps getting one for your kids if they're interested.
I'd probably rate it a 8/10, as the blades were imbalanced upon receival and attempts to rebalance threw off the flight characteristics, yet it's still fairly stable and is nice and cheap.

Next time I'll be looking to get the larger, $50 model with onboard camera, so I may get some video!

krainbow

Having problems with same helicopter

Hi. My son received this exact same helicopter recently and it worked fine for a few days, but now it won't lift off the ground. The batteries are fully charged, the helicopter is charged, the propeller seems fine. It makes the right noise but will no longer fly. The instruction manual is no help. Would you happen to know what the problem might be? Thank you in advance for your help! :)