starletzzang

Here my simple cub

A2212 1000kv motor
30a skywalker esc
1100mha 11.1v3s
1629089635948.jpg

1629089617980.jpg

starletzzang

Nice build, well done! I like your color scheme. Have you flown it yet?
I flew it once, and the aircraft quickly turned to the left and crashed. I tried 3 times but all crashed. The motor head shaft broke and is currently being repaired. I'm not sure why the aircraft is leaning to the left, but the setting seems to be wrong.

Last edited:

starletzzang

Wow, beautiful airplane, and welcome to the forums! I’m assuming that isn’t your first rc plane, so what other ones have you flown before?
Thkanks you, This is my first airplane in my life. I chose a simple cub that looks relatively easy to make in flitetest. Making airplanes is so much fun and there are so many things to study.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Thkanks you, This is my first airplane in my life. I chose a simple cub that looks relatively easy to make in flitetest. Making airplanes is so much fun and there are so many things to study.
Great to hear that you enjoy the process so much 👍 Good luck with all future attempts

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am unsure of your skill level but I recommend that my students use a SF, (Slow FLy), prop on their builds of the simple cub and that they increase the wing incidence angle for a much better and more docile flight experience.

A little right thrust can be helpful but a better result can be obtained by learning to use a slow throttle progression and a long take off run.

The bird cannot roll left and crash while both wheels are still in contact with the ground. A higher speed take off means that the control surfaces work with greater effect.

Have fun!

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Maybe somebody said but I missed it to add right thrust u can just use one of the washers that come with your props and put it behind the left side of the x mount to angle the motor to the right. From my experience the simple cub for some reason has some serious prop torque issues, on launch be prepared if needed to to immediately do a left circle, although pointing the motor to the right would help this.

william Metge

Maybe somebody said but I missed it to add right thrust u can just use one of the washers that come with your props and put it behind the left side of the x mount to angle the motor to the right. From my experience the simple cub for some reason has some serious prop torque issues, on launch be prepared if needed to to immediately do a left circle, although pointing the motor to the right would help this.
That's funny, mine doesn't have that problem. Neither does my dad's.