Naze32/Flip32 Telemetry Help

Hello all, It's me again with another question/issue.

So, I run a Turnigy 9x with the FrSky module and receivers. i have the telemetry board installed too and flashed with openTX.

I have been trying to setup my flip32+ and so far have been moderately successful despite ripping off the microUSB port and having to use an FTDI adapter connected to UART 1.

I am having issues setting up my telemetry stream though. I have enabled softserial in cleanflight, set telemetry to frsky and rate to auto for softserial 1. I plugged the green wire freom my d44-ii rx into port 6 and nothing. I then tried the set telemetry_inversion = 1 and still nothing.

Any help would be nice,

Nathan

also, are there limits on how many add-ons you can use at once?

is it possible to use vbat, buzzer, osd, gps, servo tilt, and telemetry at once (using the soft serials and uarts) or is that too much?

Last edited:

Ocean

also, are there limits on how many add-ons you can use at once?

is it possible to use vbat, buzzer, osd, gps, servo tilt, and telemetry at once (using the soft serials and uarts) or is that too much?

Hmmmmm I think it should be possible until you run out of ports.

I would use a STM32F3 to be safe though but I wouldn't bother to run GPS on a Naze. Tau is for that kinda thing ;)

Hmmmmm I think it should be possible until you run out of ports.

I would use a STM32F3 to be safe though but I wouldn't bother to run GPS on a Naze. Tau is for that kinda thing ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna wait a little while though as I coul buy 2-3 flip32+'s for the price of an F3 board right now and the budget, being a student saving for college, it pretty limited. Also, I hear that the rumor surrounding the idea that the softserial port slowing down the board is pretty much so false because the amount of lag is so minimal, you can't tell.

I run GPS more for my OSD than anything. I like the security of the possibility that I could go down, not be able to find my quad, and if I still have video or telemetry feed, still be able to find my quad thrift it's GPS coordinates. Also, RTH an GPS hold could come in handy if you get lost, they just need to incorporate an altitude height setting to the RTH mode on clean flight and it will be great.

Also, I got everything working finally. My big thing was not being able to get my telemetry feed, but I figured out that on the version of OpenTX I'm running on my 9x I had to set my telemetry mode to HUB, I'm guessing that would mean sensor hub.

Nathan

Do you know there's one that costs $29?

Wow, totally didn't know that!!! I thought the the SP3 was the only one out and I know that goes for $50-70, depending on if you get the mag and baro or not.

Does that board have the mag and baro on it or is it the equivalent of the "acro" boards?

No, it's an acro.

I know it's not nessecary and all, but I kinda like the mag and baro, especially baro as I shows through my OsD which way I'm pointing and where home is. I like baro for RTH also. But that's my personal opinion.

In gonna see how it goes with the plain flip32+, and if it isn't working right, I'll probably go and grab a Sparky32 (or whatever it's called) as its an F3 chip with the mag and baro, though it has wierd mounting holes.

Okay, so I got the telemetry and all that working, now I just have 1 more problem. All the telemetry comes through except for stupid related to the GPS. You can see the GPS data on Cleanflight, but it won't come through the telemetry stream. Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks, Nathan