naze32 wont arm after switching to D4R-II RX

EliteFunk

FunkMaster
Ok so I installed the frsky DHT DIY module in my T9X, and the D4R-II RX in my blackout. opened cleanflight turned on ppm, went to receiver tab and set all midpoints end points etc. set up all my switches, everything looks totally fine. However when I power it up and try to arm it nothing happens. If I try different flight modes with other switches the leds change indicating it works but it wont arm. I tried putting arm on different switches and also tried arming with sticks instead. nothing works. the RX is getting a signal cause everything shows up correctly in baseflight and the leds change when I activate horizon mode but I cant get it to arm. Failsafe is set and everything should be working, I'm completely stumped, please help.

Thanks

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Midpoints are set -- that's good, but how about endpoints? if you move each stick to it's extremes, does the corresponding channel go lower than 1100ms or higher than 1900ms?

swapping out the RX, you'll likely need to double check the endpoint settings along with the midpoints.

EliteFunk

FunkMaster
yeah that was one of the first things i checked, my min and max check are set correctly as well. Im sure its something stupid simple im missing but I cant figure it out for the life of me.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Sorry. now that I go back and look, you said that.

I haven't looked into the arm sections of the Naze, but for the multiwii it's copied from there are only a few caveats to stick arming:

- Arm not assigned to the switch
- sticks not traveling far enough
- airframe not level
- accelerometer isn't calibrated
- baro mode is on.

I've also seen mine refuse to arm until it's successfully calibrated the gyros -- there's a Moron_Threshold which is how tolerant it is to "not moving" before it will run the gyro cal. If it's set low it has to stay VERY still before it sets the gyros.

There could be something else added since then, but those are the things I know about.

EliteFunk

FunkMaster
that was the plan but my motors need some lube bad and I cant find my sewing machine oil. the only other thing I have is glycerin but I dunno if I want to risk using it on my blackout.