Need help deciding next plane

mcmoyer

The HH F15 64mm is very easy to fly since it floats really well. I also own it, but rarely take it out because after the initial fly by passes, it's a boring plane to me. Not very maneuverable, not easy to orient because of the camouflage on both top and bottom. It's a bank and yank plane only. It's a good wall decoration for me.

As for the total cost of the master series, F16, you'd need the kit, 5 servos, a 40amp esc, a 64mm or 70mm EDF unit, and a receiver. That would probably be near $200.

Alstrox

The HH F15 64mm is very easy to fly since it floats really well. I also own it, but rarely take it out because after the initial fly by passes, it's a boring plane to me. Not very maneuverable, not easy to orient because of the camouflage on both top and bottom. It's a bank and yank plane only. It's a good wall decoration for me.

As for the total cost of the master series, F16, you'd need the kit, 5 servos, a 40amp esc, a 64mm or 70mm EDF unit, and a receiver. That would probably be near $200.
Could you link these I want to get this as well as a transmitter

Alstrox

And you think I could build the master series without any practice? I’ve never built an rc plane and would I have safe on the one I build? I’m comfortable without safe high in the air but not so much closer to the ground especially takeoff and landing

mcmoyer

The first flight test plane I built was the master series Spitfire. It wasn't too hard. There was a build video specifically for it. The F-16 is a Limited Series which means they don't have a video specifically for it and you have to rely on the PDF with photos for instructions.

With that said, if I wasn't comfortable flying a plane without SAFE, I wouldn't be jumping into an EDF. EDFs aren't near as easy to fly as a prop driven plane. They generally require you to fly faster and make decisions quicker than prop planes. I only suggested the EDFs because that's what you said you wanted.

Whether or not your plane has SAFE is completely up to you. It depends on what receiver you buy. The $200 price I quoted did not have a receiver with SAFE on it. That will add around $80 to your build cost.

mcmoyer

My brutally honest advice would be, hold off on the jet. Find a high wing plane with about a 1 meter wingspan and learn to fly it without SAFE. Something like the FMS Supercub, Arrows Bigfoot, or HH Valiant. These planes will be easier to fly while still giving you a lot of room to grow. They won't be speed demons, but if you still rely on SAFE for different aspects of the flight, you're going to be crashing that EDF in no time flat.

Alstrox

My brutally honest advice would be, hold off on the jet. Find a high wing plane with about a 1 meter wingspan and learn to fly it without SAFE. Something like the FMS Supercub, Arrows Bigfoot, or HH Valiant. These planes will be easier to fly while still giving you a lot of room to grow. They won't be speed demons, but if you still rely on SAFE for different aspects of the flight, you're going to be crashing that EDF in no time flat.
What do you think my best use of money would be then? I have 300 dollars plus 100 dollar hh gift card I’d like something fast and fun to fly while also being decently good looking that would be a good step in my rc plane progression. I would really like to try building my own but I’m not sure if that’s possible right now. What would you recommend then?

mcmoyer

What do you think my best use of money would be then? I have 300 dollars plus 100 dollar hh gift card I’d like something fast and fun to fly while also being decently good looking that would be a good step in my rc plane progression. I would really like to try building my own but I’m not sure if that’s possible right now. What would you recommend then?
Probably the Valiant, and then you'd still have money left over for a better transmitter, like the Boxer or Zorro.

Alstrox

Thank you so much for your help I’m going to get a valiant and fly it with the dxs and upgrade transmitter later. Once I get good with it I’ll get a new transmitter and edf. Once again thank you for all the help