need help... sketchup 3d modeling rc plane to 3d print

Crewchief

so i am working on a 3D model if an a-10 ducted fan RC plane. this is my first time messing with sketchup outside of some simple models. i started with an a-10 warthog full scale 3D model from the 3d warehouse. I am trying to refine it. i have it sized to take 2 70mm fans from hobbyking. but i am needing help slicing the model for printing and refining the model. i have a10.jpg the scaled down model partly pulled apart. i need help with cutting apart the model for 3d printing and with refining the model. i cant pull the plane apart anymore due to how the plane was designed in sketchup(parts intersecting like the engines with mounts to the fuselage). i am not good enough with sketchup yet to start from scratch. so any help would be amazing. thank you!

tanyoon

I'm not sure how to do that in Sketchup and it's been awhile since I've even used it...

However when you import it into your slicer you should be able to cut the model and rearrange the parts on the build plate. I know that's not ideal, especially for repeatability, but it is a solution.

The only other thing i would recommend would be to start learning a new cad software... I really like Fusion360 and I've heard good things about onshape but I haven't used it. You should even be able to import your current file into a new software and then slice it up, no need to rebuild it.