New Flite Test Member, Old RC Guy

jamesppp

Jamesppp
higuys. my name is James Stewart.I live in West Georgia and have been flying RC planes for close to 35 years(1982).I have a hanger full of old nitro, 2 and 4 stroke planes. I have a couple of gassers. I tried to get into electric flight years ago and spent a lot of money on stuff that couldn't sustain flight due to the tremendous weight of ni cd or ni mh battery packs that had very low power density to weight . I put gearboxes on brushed motors(all that was available) and finally bought a park flyer e
Eindecker with a ger box equipped brushed motor that was constructed of carbon rod and.....foam sheeting...not foam core just thin foam sheets and it flew well but only 3-4 minutes of flights
I rretty bought a complete futaba fm transmitter /receiver/servo combo on channel51 for every plane,, I know I have 30 + of these..... I loved electric power because the prop did not have to be spinning from engine start up to shut down much safer
after slowly adopting ARF or pprebuilt or foam I love all that stuff now

took a couple years and races buggies and trucks then in 2007 I discovered Helis after a cheap pair of fixed pitch heliss I could hover(I had no one to helpmme here and by then im52 years old . within a month I had a 550 size ready to go then 600 and 700 helis. I have a Logo and a beautiful 700 monster with all German made Kontronik motor and a Heli Jive ESC its a Compass 7HV w/Skookum Robotics FBL controller that cost 2x as much as my my ffirst 2 new cars together,,,,,and I cant fly any 3d smack..and justr cruise around, so a few flips and autos, The 12 packs cut into my beverage money.
around 201i at SEFF, I believe that is the first time I saw JOSH bIXLER INTERVIEWING MacHodges' by 2014 Imback into planes again

Anyway, I love Flite Test. I love what you guys and girls do and your vision. Working with ids ...our future

So watching all FT f
vids I got a Sea Duck kiy and today all the supplies and electronics came in and I'm excited again the videos of these planes are awesome,,,,,I messed up and ordered a single motor/esc power kit so I irdered the twin kit and they are both here
defnitly my first foam core board plane but it is so cool in the hans of you guys...All these fj
lying machines and I'm slightly dyslexic, so I'm just a mediocre pilot , in knife flight in instinctivl move the rudderthe wrong way.... I use small inputs so I can hopefully correct before I ball one up
sorry for the novel here and I know this is too much info but I'm excited to start moy new build