• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Newb to Scanning and PDF Files and Need Help Converting Hand Drawn Tiles to a Printable Plan

Vimana89

Title says it all. I've got a set of hand drawn printer paper tiles that I want to scan and get set up as a file that can be submitted here as a community resource and printed and used just like any others. I have no real experience using scanners or doing a lot of the more technical aspects of file and computer wizardry. I know equipment and whatnot varies, but what, in general, does the process and steps look like for scanning my sheets and making them a working plan, from start to finish?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Title says it all. I've got a set of hand drawn printer paper tiles that I want to scan and get set up as a file that can be submitted here as a community resource and printed and used just like any others. I have no real experience using scanners or doing a lot of the more technical aspects of file and computer wizardry. I know equipment and whatnot varies, but what, in general, does the process and steps look like for scanning my sheets and making them a working plan, from start to finish?
Most printers that have the copy feature can also scan. My family's printer saves the scanned file to a flash drive. Once you've scanned all your sheets you can use pdfjoiner.com to merge the individual sheets as one file.