Resource icon

Nieuport 31 Sesquiplane Fighter v.1

Please log in to download

leaded50

Legendary member
leaded50 submitted a new resource:

Nieuport 31 Sesquiplane Fighter - 1919 Nieuport 31 Fighter

French Nieuport 31 ,prototype was buildt in 1919... is said to be one of the best looking aircraft of the WW1. The name " Sesquiplane" means 'one-and-a-half wings.'"
Its sleek smooth streamlined wooden monocoque shell of tulipwood, was produced by winding thin spiral strips around a mould in a series of alternately handed layers and glueing them together. It tapered to the rear, with an...

Read more about this resource...

Scotto

Elite member
I just started on this a little last night. Do you have some tricks or tips for how you put the tail surfaces into the fuselage and keeping it all square? Not necessarily just this plane. If you want to answer in your Method to the madness thread that would be cool. I almost asked there a while ago because I was trying to make a nice "monocoque" empennage but it wasnt working out well.:cautious: It wants to come unrolled so much when I cut into it. Thanks for your help.

leaded50

Legendary member
I just started on this a little last night. Do you have some tricks or tips for how you put the tail surfaces into the fuselage and keeping it all square? Not necessarily just this plane. If you want to answer in your Method to the madness thread that would be cool. I almost asked there a while ago because I was trying to make a nice "monocoque" empennage but it wasnt working out well.:cautious: It wants to come unrolled so much when I cut into it. Thanks for your help.
- i will make it in that thread! .. DONE :)

Last edited: