Northern California - Lakecounty/ Clearlake area

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
That's where i am from too. You have any tips for places to fly rc and fpv? Was thinking about making a trip over to where they did the star wars films. Would be some pretty great fpv/speederbike flying.

ssteve

There's a old airfield not far from my house where I fly planes and my larger quad, but it's usually pretty windy. It's on the commercial park off stony pt and Sebastopol rd. I mostly just fly my 250mm quad around at the park and stuff if I'm going to fly close to where I'm at. Whenever I fly it's also a excuse to exercise my dog, so we go for runs at different places and I toss the mini quad in. Since getting the mini quad I've pretty much lost interest in planes and even my larger quad and tricopter... Although I have a bixler2 that's all setup for Fpv I'm going to start playing with soon.

91shadowrider

Northern California Flight test fans?

I am in Live Oak Ca. In the middle of Chico and Sacramento. There are a few of us over here that fly Flight Test planes regularly. There is a Kraken on Yuba Sutter Craig's list in the toys section.

Johnskis85

Im In Woodland. Its about 20 minutes west of Sacramento between sac and the clearlake area we have to flying fields in the davis area one for mostly gliders and electric planes and one larger one that allows gassers but they are in danger of being shut down again for a second time due to complaints after lost aircraft resulting in damage to nearby high dollar homes. I personally fly in my back field as its large enough for my 450 size quad and hopefully for my bix3 soon.

abarton

thenated0g,
I'm in Discovery Bay, about an hour and a half south of Sac., I fly in the neighborhood park behind my house, a little small but it works. I was in your neck of the woods on 9/20 at the Wings over Wine Country air show. My first time there, wonderful event, lots of nice aircraft, both in-air and static.

thenated0g

Mentor
Awesome. Yeah lake county is really great. Aside from the fact that i dont have anybody nearby to fly with the area itself makes for great flying. Lots of smaller towns and farming, open areas. Lots of mountains close by if you want to get up high. And nobody freaking out about "drones". One downside is the almost nonstop rain most winters. Lots of offroading places (cow mountain, mendocino forest) which are also great for flying. and shooting :)

Hi all, I live in Citrus Heights a suburb of Sacramento. I am a new flitetime guy who is just returning to r/c after a few years out of the hobby. We have quite a few areas that are nice to fly at plus many organized fields in our area. Df

PhoenixFlight77

The New Guy
Hey all, new guy here. I live in lakeport, CA. So now you have some one close by (thenated0g). Lol. Anyways new to the hobby, looking for like minded people. I'm a nurse, but love to tinker and build things. So my goal right now is to build one of the scratch built planes, and I have a PT-40 Trainer on its way to me now. But first thing is get. Some time behind the stick. Oh and I know I'm rambling here, but in am also going to build a y-copter off of the scratch builds on flitetest. So, howdy.

thenated0g

Mentor
That's great. We will have to fly sometime after all this rain. Just picked up a protox so I can at least fly in my house. I'm up in upper lake by the library, I work at the courthouse in lakeport. You work for Sutter?

PhoenixFlight77

The New Guy
Sweet. I actually work in cloverdale for now, might move to Ukiah in a 6 months, but who knows. I just got my Spektrum DX6i today, waiting for my servos, motor, batteries, etc, and I'll be building the Versa first. While I learn on that I'll be building the PT-40, and when that slows down I'll be building the tricopter. Lots of ideas, and even better my boys seem interested which is all I really want too.