Occupy Yosemite!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yessir...and the wind was stiff today! Had a cold front, well, in Texas, it's more of a "cool front", but it brought a bunch of wind with it!

RoyBro

Mentor
Both eyes are working now. I think I made a mistake in choosing distance vision over near vision. I didn't realize how much I relied on close vision for stuff like reading prescription bottles without glasses. But there's no going back now. I'll just have to get used to it.
But with the aid of reading glasses, I got the driver loaded for the Taranis and updated the firmware. And I programed in the limits and expos for the FT Flyer. But the wind just wasn't going to cooperate.

MrClean

When I went to the field the first time with my Taranis after setting it up at home I got the motor running, noticed it wasn't quite working the way I thought it would AND the controls were a bit off as well SO I fiddled with it a bit. Finally got the motor curves set up correct, the flaps, the flap rates, the throws on the elevator, ailerons and rudders AND I took off. Flew for about 2 minutes and my 24 ounce gas tank on the TGY 52 ran out. Evidently, I'd fiddled with it a bit more then I thought.

Landed, refueled, checked the batteries because I forgot their value was now on the screen of my transmitter and flew the rest of the weekend, with that plane, with no hassels. The next 4 planes re-setup quicker.

You'll love it.

Oh, and I'm blind as a bat too now. Had lasik and just as my eyes were settling down and I could SEE with them, they changed. Back to Glasses, Bifocals. ARGGGHHH Distance is great with the glasses, my neck hurts with the bifocals so if I'm typing on a computer like now, I take them off. For anything under a foot I generally put readers on so I can look straight at it without looking down my nose. Trying to hang a picture on the wall? Not with bifocals you don't. Gettin old sucks.

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
I had Lasik back in 2000. Not too many years after, I was wearing glasses again. I just had cataract surgeries and now I see 20/20 distance vision but it falls off severely just beyond arm's length.
The surgeon said that I needed the glasses because of the cataracts, not because my eyes changed.