"Drones" Banned from All US National Parks

Frisch7

This is complete BS. https://news.yahoo.com/drones-banned-us-national-parks-130432721.html

Apparently you can be charged with up to 6 months in jail or a $5,000 fine for flying your "drone" in a national park. The funny thing is they never specify what a drone is. Why? Probably because their uneducated and anything that flys without a human on it is considered a drone to them.

I have a bad feeling that in the next year our hobby will be ruined. While this is all directed at multicopters I have read other articles that say anything with a camera on it is considered to be a drone. That would mean that even model airplanes could be outlawed if you have a camera on it.

DDSFlyer

There's another thread about this already. My father in law got his DJI Phantom stuck in a tree and then someone took it and he hasn't seen it since. In the effort to get it out of the tree he called the park rangers at Grand Tetons National Forest and when they came they wrote him a $100 fine. Don't recall what exactly the fine was for though.