Help! Odd Drone Idea for a Proposed Build.

Okay Quad Heads, I've got a good one for you.
"Razorcrest". Yup, the Mandalorian' s spacecraft. Now I have some idea of how I'd like to plan this build, and I also know I'm gonna hear a lot of ???, and why not just build a quad and put a cardboard or foamboard body on it. Well... because.
After binge watching the Mandalorian again... (3rd time) I noticed the Razorcrest flies somewhat like a quad rotor in atmosphere. Somewhat is the key here.
1. She'll have to be good sized, like a commercial drone to be recognized. Light framework of carbon fiber tubes used in arrows I figure, covered with vacuum molded styrene panels. Cockpit vacuum molded in clear styrene.
2. Flight components and battery up just under central (wing/outrigger) area. (FPV camera in cockpit).
3. Motors and rotors. I'd rather the motors and rotors be not overtly seen. The idea I came up with was from the front and rear of the engine nacelles have 3D printed slim tubes in clear resin with clear resin drive shafts (The motors in the engine nacelles.). On the ends have clear resin gearboxes with helical cut drive gears powering clear resin rotors. Install tiny bearings inside the gearboxes to handle the rotational loads.
4. How to get her to fly level forward. I have an idea about that, but I'd need some quad rotor people (with open minds) about this. What if the forward gearboxes could rotate/tilt from 90 degrees upward to 45 degrees forward? Operated by a servo behind the front motors in the engine nacelles by twin servo wires for strength in control angle. The forward thrust angle servos would be controlled by a board taking the forward movement commands and transferring that signal to adjust the front rotor gearboxes to angle forward and the front motors ramp up rpm to pull the craft forward as well as lift.

I know it sounds crazy, but I wonder if... if it could work. Please let me know what you think.

Tench745

Master member
I recall someone building a quad-based firefly transport. It was a + configuration quad. There was a motor mounted in a vertical duct in each engine nacelle and two more in the fuselage.
I suspect something similar would work for the Razorcrest with a lot less complexity than your proposed design.