Old N00B

I've watched a few of the videos and looked at some articles. It's time to become a member. I built a Goldberg Eagle, back in the 80s but have been away from the hobby since then. I'm looking to get into it again.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I've watched a few of the videos and looked at some articles. It's time to become a member. I built a Goldberg Eagle, back in the 80s but have been away from the hobby since then. I'm looking to get into it again.
Welcome

Your going to find a vast improvement in the hobby. Modern Tx are much less expensive with far more capabilities and far more reliable than 72mhz. Electric motors are a dream, no more slime to clean up. Finally foam board is much tougher than balsa, it will take a beating and come back for more. If you do manage to break the foam, repairs are much faster.

PoorManRC

Master member
WELCOME!!
You ARE in the right place, and at the right time!

As has been said, Radio equipment is less, and does much more. E-Flight is MUCH more than just a novelty...

And the Guys here are knowledgeable and very helpful.

ozzie

Same here Dan! Goldberg eagle, Uravitch AT-6 etc etc. KIds/college/life got in the way. Stumbled upon Flite Test site by accident...now have 4 planes waiting for gear.
This site is awesome