(OUTDATED)

FoamNoob

got a few questions....
1. will the radial motor from ft's c pack work on a heli?
2. are there any barebones/chassis kit for under 150 bucks? (no electronics)
3. Has anyone built a body with foam board and put fiberglass/something similar over it for rigidity?
I ask because I am trying out a heli due to not have a good spot to fly foam planes near me and I want something to fly in my yard
thx....

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
got a few questions....
1. will the radial motor from ft's c pack work on a heli?
2. are there any barebones/chassis kit for under 150 bucks? (no electronics)
3. Has anyone built a body with foam board and put fiberglass/something similar over it for rigidity?
I ask because I am trying out a heli due to not have a good spot to fly foam planes near me and I want something to fly in my yard
thx....
I've been flying helicopters for a few years now, and there haven't been any foamboard helis that I've seen so far (I could be wrong). There bear bones kits that are sold though. As for the ft c pack, the simple answer is no. A heli motor is rated to spin at really high speeds that are geared down to produce the torque to spin the big blades but the c pack motor just isn't made for this application. From what you are saying though I would recommend buying a Ready to fly or bind and fly heli if you are just starting out. Something like the blade 230 is a perfect heli for a beginner to advanced pilot in my opinion. You could also go for a smaller(cheaper) option like the mcpx bl or nano s2 witch are both very capable copters. Anyways, hope this helps!