Perfect weather is now guaranteed for FF2015 - Tent maintenance is complete

rossmort

After learning the perils of using a tent which was not properly maintained last year and sleeping in a puddle, I spent some time today waterproofing and sealing seams on my tent. I can only assume we will now have perfect weather. If that's not the case, it might be a good idea for fellow campers to put up your tents and check them over. Last year's storm was a wake-up call to me on making sure my gear was in working order prior to using!

FYI: I am not a big camper/backpacker, so take this with a grain of salt, BUT this is what I used for seam sealer after running out of one of those little store bought bottles (Those things are $$$): http://www.hikelight.com/60howtoseamsealatent.html

Hopefully I don't follow up with how I destroyed my tent by applying home made seam sealer :)

earthsciteach

Good Advice. I had camped in my tents many, many times. Once was even through the remnants of Katrina. 72 hours in the pouring rain with no issues. However, I had never tied my flies to a 20'x10' canopy that went airborne during a thunderstorm. Be ready for the worst. That's all I can say.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Don't forget to put a ground cover under your tent (exactly, or slightly less than your tent dimensions, must not stick out)

... and wash your car :)

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
It is still far out for an accurate weather forecast. This is what WeatherChannel.com has as of today 6/30/15, curious how it shapes out in the long run.

malvern weather forecast  6_30_15.JPG

-adding tent and canopy setup and check to my weekend getting ready for FF15 list. ;)

mybad

It is still far out for an accurate weather forecast. This is what WeatherChannel.com has as of today 6/30/15, curious how it shapes out in the long run.

For a good laugh, keep an ongoing record of the daily weather forcast and see how much it changes! I did this for Joe Nall and it was ridiculous how much the forecasts changed.

FWIW, I'm bringing a tent. You'd better expect rain with my luck!

mactek

My parents live about an hour away from Malvern and they said it has been very wet lately. I am only going to be there for 1 day and i am praying to the Gods that it is dry.