Pipers cub

John 123

I am looking for plans for a piper cub wing span about 57 or 58 inches or there abouts. Building it out of foam board Any help would be much appreciated 👍

T1TAN

well there are a couple options, it depends whether u want to scratchbuild or use the speed build kit. Numavig has a nice cub with a 47 inch wingspan, except ull have to scratchbuild out of 5mm depron and some balsa wood. As for the ft cub, I built it myself and I loved it, and it has a wingspan of 38 inches. The difference in the two is that Numavigs has a rounded 3D nose, whereas the ft cub has more of a 2D nose if that makes sense. Also, numavigs will be lighter and cheaper, but the ft one is a fantastic trainer. Ill look for other options but in the meantime please tell whether ull kit build or scratchbuild.

John 123

well there are a couple options, it depends whether u want to scratchbuild or use the speed build kit. Numavig has a nice cub with a 47 inch wingspan, except ull have to scratchbuild out of 5mm depron and some balsa wood. As for the ft cub, I built it myself and I loved it, and it has a wingspan of 38 inches. The difference in the two is that Numavigs has a rounded 3D nose, whereas the ft cub has more of a 2D nose if that makes sense. Also, numavigs will be lighter and cheaper, but the ft one is a fantastic trainer. Ill look for other options but in the meantime please tell whether ull kit build or scratchbuild.
Its going to be a scratch build i like making my own and thanks for the reply much appreciated 👍

T1TAN

hmm, I would build one of three options. Either u can build flite test, numavig, or julius perdanas. Numavig will require depron however. Each has free plans and build videos, yet the biggest cub is Julius perdanas, with a wingspan of 51 inches. Hope this helped.

John 123

hmm, I would build one of three options. Either u can build flite test, numavig, or julius perdanas. Numavig will require depron however. Each has free plans and build videos, yet the biggest cub is Julius perdanas, with a wingspan of 51 inches. Hope this helped.
I have seen julius pipercub i actually follow him on YouTube thats where I got the plans for the stearman he is gifted I was thinking of using his plans but increasing the scale to about 57 inches i like them big 😁😁