DIY Prop n' Slot Rafale Version 1

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hi Everyone,
I have almost completed another Prop n' Slot design...This time it is the Rafale. The plans are pretty much done now all that is left is to build it and test it. I have to build the prototype first and then I will fit the jets on after and then include them in the plans. Do to some great feed back from an amazing builder on this forum named Shurik I plan to reinforce the wing slot with fixed drop tanks. When I get home I will load the plans draft. Let me know what you think

Crazed Scout Pilot

any other planes that you would be interested in? Because I don’t just want to design something that nobody cares about. Also any suggestions for new video content? Looking to produce some interesting content but not really sure what to do?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
any other planes that you would be interested in? Because I don’t just want to design something that nobody cares about. Also any suggestions for new video content? Looking to produce some interesting content but not really sure what to do?
j35 draken. even willing to help if needed, try pulling a cobra wiht it, first plane to ever do it irl

Crazed Scout Pilot

That’s a cool plane I will definitely try that.
I’m sorry but I did not understand the last part “try pulling a cobra wiht it, first plane to ever do it irl”
Thank you for the suggestion

Crazed Scout Pilot

Am I right
j35 draken. even willing to help if needed, try pulling a cobra wiht it, first plane to ever do it irl
that this is the plane?

Attachments

• F410BAB1-434D-4AE4-867E-05F92E792680.jpeg
    F410BAB1-434D-4AE4-867E-05F92E792680.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
That’s a cool plane I will definitely try that.
I’m sorry but I did not understand the last part “try pulling a cobra wiht it, first plane to ever do it irl”
Thank you for the suggestion
try to do the cobra manuever with it when you design it, if you design it. The j35 draken was the first plane that manuever was ever preformed on and so far still the best to perform it to this day. (atleast imo)

Shurik-1960

We divide the distance from your screw slot to the edge of the wing and by 1 \ 2 of this distance we make a new slot for the screw. In the place where there was a slot, we install 2 servomechanisms in the fuselage tank (a good angle for aileron rods). In the hood we make a shaped hatch for access to the battery. Was the prototype thrown into planning? Have you installed the necessary CG? For better stability, the rudder can be made bigger. Along the leading edge of the wide wing, a strip of foam can be glued by processing it under the profile (KFM2), which will improve the planning characteristics of the model and give the wing additional rigidity. The nose of the model is made of soft foam or glue several layers of foam and process to a cone. Here is a drawing of my favorite model, which can do fantastic aerobatics in the sky.

Attachments

• MX-1-Wolverine.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • MX-1-Wolverine460x300.jpg
    MX-1-Wolverine460x300.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0

Crazed Scout Pilot

Here is the Rafale update I finished thaw main airframe yesterday but I ruined with the jets. I glued it on so now I have to build a hole new airframe. But I do like the way that the basic airframe turned out. Also I’m thinking about designing an ft style Dc-3 it’s my Dad’s favorite so I thought I might give it a try. Does that interest anyone?