plan storage ideas

mcmoyer

I've got several piles around my office that are the plans of planes that I plan on making at least a second version of. So far it's been ok, I haven't lost any pieces, but eventually, I'm going to lose one of the templates. How do you all store these plans/templates? Any source for a large envelope that would hold these?

Attachments

• IMG_5464.jpeg
    IMG_5464.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I've got several piles around my office that are the plans of planes that I plan on making at least a second version of. So far it's been ok, I haven't lost any pieces, but eventually, I'm going to lose one of the templates. How do you all store these plans/templates? Any source for a large envelope that would hold these?
I buy the cheapest DT poster board and fold it over to make a large envelope. No loss so far.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I used a couple of sheets of flat fan foam to make a portfolio carrier. Something like this.

Attachments

• 713nj-BnN5L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    713nj-BnN5L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0

joelspangler

I use inter-office mail envelopes (which hold a normal sized piece of paper) and just fold up the cut-out plans so they fit. I've used parts of plans again to make spare parts after less than stellar landings, and the folded up pieces are easy enough to work with. If you don't have access to the folders I'm talking about, I'm sure a file folder from a filing cabinet would work if you taped up the sides. You could probably also use the cardboard-like folders kids use for school.

Shurik-1960

In the cold season, I use old drawings to kindle a heating boiler. If I want to restore a broken model, I just print out only the necessary sheets of parts. If the model cannot be restored, I remove all the electronics from it and send it to the heating boiler.In total , I have collected under 100 models .Can you imagine how many drawings I would have collected? And this is a fire hazard!!.

Attachments

• DSC00254.JPG
    DSC00254.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00255.JPG
    DSC00255.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00256.JPG
    DSC00256.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0