Plane from 2212 2200kv motor

Dee

I have 2212/6T 2200kv brushless motor, 30A esc, 9gm servos and 3s 1000mah lipo battery. Which plane of the scratch build series could be build from these electronics?

Chuppster

Well, I could see any of the Mini's running off of that setup. Could you post a link to where you got the 2212?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
You could build yourself a nice 800mm flying wing, I have one with almost the same specs and it's very fun to fly!

Chuppster

Alright! Well, that motor should get you about .5kg thrust with a 5x4.5 prop. If you can find a 6x3 prop you can get about .65kg of thrust. Make sure you check your current with a multimeter/power analyzer to make sure you don't burn your motor up. I don't know what you have for a prop but you will need something very small, as it has a very high KV but can't handle much current.

That being said, you can probably build any Mini Series airplane with a few modifications to fit 9g servos. The FT Nutball, Delta, and Flier should also all be good with this setup. If you want something bigger you could probably pull a Ft Versa, Bloody Baron, or Simple Scout with it, but that may leave you a bit underpowered.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I usually build wire cut wings like that
Grab a nice PW51 or PW106 profile and cut it, it's rather easy and it flies very well!

This is one of my larger ones with a 1000kv motor, 7" prop and 4s lipo

Dee

Thanks for the help.
I had tried to make a tiny trainer with this setup using a 6045 prop. It weighted nearly 410gm, but it didn't work. After 2-3 second of throw it crashes down with its nose hitting the ground although its CG is balanced .Also it takes a turn right after the throw. Its fuselage is slightly tilted to one side. The top and bottom surfaces aren't horizontal completely, but slightly inclined. Is that the reason for crash or something else?

Chuppster

Hmm. How are the travel throws on your elevator?

Have you checked your current draw? Believe it or not, a 6045 probably makes lest thrust with your motor than a smaller-pitch prop. The higher pitch could be bogging the motor down to the point where it can't make as much thrust as you need.

Because I don't have specific numbers on this motor I can't give you anything for certain, but I would defiantly try and measure the current it draws with that prop. Do you have access to a multi-meter or power analyzer?

I use exactely the same motors on my Dc3.
They were usen on a MPX Twinstar with a weight of 1,3kg ( 2,9 pounds ).
That means that with one motor you could fly a plane with about 700g ( 1,45 pounds ) of weight.
That´s a lot.
In your case i´d build 150% to 200% FT Spitfire, FT Corsair or FT Mustang ( i love warbirds :D )

But you should choose a plane, which looks good to you.
You can scale it up and down like you want!

I hope it was helpful for you!
Jetcrafter2000

Chuppster

I use exactely the same motors on my Dc3.
They were usen on a MPX Twinstar with a weight of 1,3kg ( 2,9 pounds ).
That means that with one motor you could fly a plane with about 700g ( 1,45 pounds ) of weight.
That´s a lot.
In your case i´d build 150% to 200% FT Spitfire, FT Corsair or FT Mustang ( i love warbirds :D )

But you should choose a plane, which looks good to you.
You can scale it up and down like you want!

I hope it was helpful for you!
Jetcrafter2000

I love Warbirds too! I think it could definitely fly a 150% Mini Corsair, but I would question its ability to fly even an extra-large FT Mustang or FT Spitfire. You could try it though and see how it works!

Dee

Hmm. How are the travel throws on your elevator?

Have you checked your current draw? Believe it or not, a 6045 probably makes lest thrust with your motor than a smaller-pitch prop. The higher pitch could be bogging the motor down to the point where it can't make as much thrust as you need.

Because I don't have specific numbers on this motor I can't give you anything for certain, but I would defiantly try and measure the current it draws with that prop. Do you have access to a multi-meter or power analyzer?

I have a multi meter but it can measure up to 10amps only. Also a have a 6030 prop.Its of emax. But i think it is too soft.I guess it bends at the tips when in motion. A link to the prop is http://hobbyxyz.com/EMAX-EP6030-DD-6×3-PROPELLER.
If I made a tiny trainer again with correct fuselage and landing gears with these specs then will it fly?

miraspen

I have used these motors a few times. i use them with a 30Aesc 6045 3 blade props and 3s 2200 battery. A pair of them make for a great FT super bee i mean that thing was wicked fast. And so smooth to fly. Also the FT seaduck flies good with this setup. localfiends pby catalina flies good with this setup.

Pretty much any mini will fly with with this motor a mini mustang will hover with it. For me the hard part was finding a way to cram a 3s into some of the models.

If you google one sheet wing you will find a wing that can be made of a single sheet of dtfb. It flew fine with that setup.

miraspen

I think your describing torque roll. that was my problem with all the mini's i flew with that setup. But i did most of the faster style models. i would think the tiny trainer wouldn't be to bad.

Maybe try building another? sometimes i cant get a plane to fly right and then i build the same plane the same way and for some reason it flies fine. sometimes i go back to the first one and it flies better. cant explain it.

synjin

Elite member
Hey Folks,

Jumping in because I was thinking of putting this same motor into an FT Spitfire. I was thinking a 7x6 prop with a 30a ESC (or I could do a 6x4). I've got other motors that would work, but I got this one when I knew a lot less about motors and planes and I'd like to actually use it.

Thoughts?

Lester

Hey Folks,

Jumping in because I was thinking of putting this same motor into an FT Spitfire. I was thinking a 7x6 prop with a 30a ESC (or I could do a 6x4). I've got other motors that would work, but I got this one when I knew a lot less about motors and planes and I'd like to actually use it.

Thoughts?
I'm going to try 7×4 apc with that motor in a spitfire .that plane is pretty light .it should just Cruze will see🤙

synjin

Elite member
I'm going to try 7×4 apc with that motor in a spitfire .that plane is pretty light .it should just Cruze will see🤙
Doesn't the Spit have a 48" wingspan? Kind of think that motor is a bit small for the spitfire. I think I did a 2218 1150kV in mine. If I really wanted to use that motor I might reduce the plans to 75% of the original. I don't know what the flight characteristics would be, but it would be pretty snappy with a 2212 2200kV motor.

JetCrafts

make ft mini scout all those electronics thats what i made or you could make an ft mini explorer for gliding better for begginers

Lester

Doesn't the Spit have a 48" wingspan? Kind of think that motor is a bit small for the spitfire. I think I did a 2218 1150kV in mine. If I really wanted to use that motor I might reduce the plans to 75% of the original. I don't know what the flight characteristics would be, but it would be pretty snappy with a 2212 2200kV motor.