Trainer which one?

Goudbeekje

I cant choose between the plans which plane to build. And what setup to choose.

I am looking for a 4ch trainer to be build in 6mm depron.
I have 2s lipo 1300 and 1800. 3s 2200.
Motors i have a 1908-2050kv and a 2212-2200kv.

Best is i guess to make a 130% version of
Explorer, tiny trainer, simple Scout?

Or the ApEazy?

In simulator we prefere the Corsair and the Spitfire most. But is not the best 1 or 2nd plane.

What would make best balanced plane combi with the depron and the Motors?

I flew the 100% tiny trainer in depron and the 1908 on 2s with a 7'' but it is was heavy to get balanced properly, also due to not enough room in the model. Weight was 430 compleet.

Last edited:

Goudbeekje

I guess i will rebuild it 130%.

Servo position too plan and build light as possible.

By sizing up i have room in the nose too replace accu to find correct CG.

I am close on the current one. But on every corner it drops the wing tip and i cannot correct it anymore. Porpoising and the nose in the Grass.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’m not sure you need to increase the size of the plane. If you are worried about weight, use one of the smaller packs. The 7x3 prop sounds about right for a 2s pack, it might be too much for 4s. The 4s pack will make the motor spin twice as fast as the 2s pack. If you use the 4s pack on the 1908 motor, it might need a smaller prop to prevent over heating.

A warm motor is OK but if anything get so hot you don’t want to hold it, stop, you need a smaller prop.

Last edited:

Goudbeekje

I have 2s and 3s.

I want the size increase because of the 6mm depron instead of the 4.8 of the foam in the plans.

If i keep 100% the weight is heavy but also the room inside the pod etc. Is really small. The accu doesnt fit without missing.

Foamforce

Of your three choices of planes, with your listed motors, I would go with the Tiny Trainer. The Explorer and Scout both use a B pack motor, which would be a 2212/1000kv like this one. The motor you have listed is a 2200kv which means it wants to go faster but produces less overall thrust, according to this chart. That means less thrust than recommended for those designs, even at regular scale. At 130% it would probably be way underpowered. On the other hand, the Tiny Trainer uses an A pack motor, which is the same speed as the 2212/2200 you have listed, but capable of more thrust with a larger prop than what is spec’ed for the TT. I think the TT would probably scale up well with that motor.

JetCrafts

I cant choose between the plans which plane to build. And what setup to choose.

I am looking for a 4ch trainer to be build in 6mm depron.
I have 2s lipo 1300 and 1800. 3s 2200.
Motors i have a 1908-2050kv and a 2212-2200kv.

Best is i guess to make a 130% version of
Explorer, tiny trainer, simple Scout?

Or the ApEazy?

In simulator we prefere the Corsair and the Spitfire most. But is not the best 1 or 2nd plane.

What would make best balanced plane combi with the depron and the Motors?

I flew the 100% tiny trainer in depron and the 1908 on 2s with a 7'' but it is was heavy to get balanced properly, also due to not enough room in the model. Weight was 430 compleet.
ok I know I sound crazy but a ft super bee with extra large wings and fuselage with a semi cambered wing is the best in my opinion it worked well for me

Goudbeekje

Thx for advices. I parked the tiny trainer and build motor etc over into a lidl chuck glider. The super bee i will look at.

Works like a charm. We are very happy with it. We are learning quick with it. It is really strong and can take a hit!

Also building and flying a rcworks su34 v5. Sometrust angle balance issues at the moment but i fekt the potetial. And it looks awesome in the air.

Ordered c pack equivalent on aliexpress and next build will be the ft spitfire.