Please Help! I need help with choosing battery for twin plane!(have ESC+motor)

BirdMan9876

Hello, i'm in a bit of a pickle:confused:. I am building the FT guinea pig, and I have only built single engine aircraft before, and I have no idea how to choose the battery for my two NTM propdrive series 28-26A 1200kv motors, and my Turnigy 25A plush speed controllers. All the prop test things do not make sense to me for some reason... If anyone could please help me It would be greatly appreciated. I might need to be guided through the process of how to pick out batteries for this type of thing. Thank You!:)

brettp2004

A normal 2200mah battery will work fine. If you have something with a higher discharge rating it would be better. Those motors will pull 17A max each, total of 34A. A 2200mah battery with a continuous discharge rating of 20c can provide 44A (2.2A x 20). If you want longer flight times you can get a larger capacity battery, 3300mah for example. Or, you can put 2 2200mah batteries in parallel for a total of 4400mah. Hope this helps.

BirdMan9876

Thanks, this does help a lot! I am really glad you are here to help me, now I can choose my batteries properly without having to go through all this trouble. I cant thank you enough! Thank YOU

BirdMan9876

Also, If I were to hook up the two 2200mah batteries, how would I connect the two to where I have even discharge between the two?