Postage to UK

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey supercub,

welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry, but I somehow can't get an estimate on the shipping in the store, so your best bet would be to ask support@flitetest.com directly.

But expect it to be pretty expensive until the guys figure out how to get the European distribution going. Also don't forget you have to add extra import tax.

xMeox

Too much. To austria the shipping costs are higher than the kit. The only reasonable thing imo is to order the foamboard package. 60 dollar + 70 dollar shipping + taxes is quite ok, compared to the price of kapa foamboard (only foamboard available here). According to the prices in austria kapa is twice as expensive thean the shipped fb (!) and also it is twice as heavy.

StuartPB

Import tax will set you back around £11 if I remember rightly if you just order the plane on it's own, without electronics. It's worked out on the total value of the parcel. Worst of it is, the actual import duty wasn't much at all, Royal Mail charge a handling fee of £8 or there abouts. Rob Dogs!! That's on top of the postage costs that you pay through the Flite Test cart. You get a card through your door to say that you have a parcel waiting for you and it tells you how to pay the duty on it.

It worked out way less cost effective for me to keep buying from the FT store. I paid in total around £45 for a Tiny Trainer delivered to the UK. The same week I ordered a balsa Skymaster V2 from Hobbyking that set me back around £80 delivered. A much more substantial plug n fly plane for not a lot more.

I know FT can't do much about the import duty and overseas postage costs until they get European distribution in place, but I'm holding off till they do to buy more planes.:(

jalkin

I buy loads of stuff on Ebay, and a lot of it comes from China/Hong Kong/Korea, and it usually comes with free postage, I have never been charged duty on any of it. On the other hand, the two items I have bought from the USA have had relatively high postal costs, and I have had to pick up both items from the post office, and pay duty.
If you want a comparison of postal charges, look on Ebay at items delivered from the USA (postage is as high as a third of the purchase cost), and a similar item from Honk Kong or Europe, where post is frequently free - as is duty, thpough I don't know the explanation for that.
I have just received a motor to turn the turntable in my microwave oven. It came from Korea, post free, it took about 10-12 days, and the total cost - £2.40! ($3.43 at today's exchange rate)

Last edited: