Posting questions

model14

How do I reference someone else's post?
How do I refence a member's forum name?
How do I convert a YouTube link into a YouTube page showing in the post?

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
How do I reference someone else's post?
To reference someone else's post hit "Reply"
To reference a member's forum name start with the @ sign - @model14
To put a youtube link in a post get the sharable link form youtube and paste it in your post

Have fun!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
How do I reference someone else's post
Not sure what you are intending by reference. The easiest way is to jut hit the reply button in the bottom right of each comment. That is what I did to your comment. This will send the person a alert, letting them know someone commented. If you want to break it up as I did, just put the curser where you want the break and hit enter.

Another way, in the top right corner of the comment is a number, you comment is #1, mine will be #3. Right click on the number and copy the link. Then paste it where you want. I may look weird when you paste it. You can do a "Preview" (top right,only while you are editing the comment

Type the @ symbol then the user name of the person you want to refence. Like this @model14

Go to YouTube, copy the link of the video, past the link into the comment. The link will look weird until you post it. When posted the preview will appear

That’s a bit on an overview, I have found the buttons are a bit different as you go from device to device. I can do some things on a PC that I can’t do on an iPad or Android. Then again, maybe I just haven’t figured it out yet.

Here is a link to more information regarding the secret web codes. Don't let anyone else know ;).

Last edited: