Problem with a NTM 1000kv 28-36 Motor defect?

xoration

Hello,

I have a little problem with my motor for the HK Phoenix 2000. As soon as I am putting the spinner on the motor it has some breaks or stutters. Without a spinner (and therefore without any load it runs "fine"). I created two videos for better understanding:

The ESC is a F30A from Hobbyking and I never had any problems with that ESC. I already changed it without success. I also changed the timing from 16 oder 8. No success.

Is the motor defect?

I opened the motor and couldn't see any defect then I used my LC meter to check the motor.

Pic 1: IMG_0715.JPG
Pic 2: IMG_0716.JPG
Pic 3: IMG_0717.JPG

The values of pic2+3 are ~~~ the same but Pic1 is WAY off and it should be the value of the two other coils right? Though actually it should be the value of pic2 + pic3.

Am I on the right track or am I doing something wrong? :-(

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Your motor is not making the right noise even without the prop. It is actually doing the same thing. Without the inertia of the prop it runs faster but at nothing like the correct speed.

It would nice to check the motor with another ESC just to be sure but the fact you have such a difference in the resistance is almost certainly due to a damaged winding so I am afraid it will have to be replaced.

xoration

Thats what I suspected.
I already switched the ESC. I used a different 30A ESC I had in my wing. Same outcome.

Going to buy a new motor then.

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Unfortunately it does happen.
The most common fault is a break in one of the wires where they enters the casing of the motor. Most motors have multiple wire windings. If just one breaks you end up with a different resistance between each lead out! ;)
It pays to avoid flexing the motor lead out wires before the motor is installed and to make sure they can't vibrate when in the plane.

xoration

yes I think you are right. I just measured the motor again and now the resistance is fine! I cheecked my pictures if two motor leads connect but no they are not touching the measuring wire and I measured it very carefully yesterday. So i guess there is a broken lead or something which now has a connection again.

Anyway I already ordered a new motor should be getting here on wednesday.

Last edited: