problems with getting started!

I am trying to switch over from gas and i could sure use some help. what does it mean when an esc operates the servos but not the motor. I am getting nothing, not even a beep. this is all brand new stuff and it was working just fine until i had to replace the battery because the balance connector went bad on the first one. the new battery is exactly the same as the old one and is properly charged using an imax b6

ANY HELP would be great - Thanks!!!

Balsa Basher

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Make sure the throttle is set to zero. Also make sure it's not been reversed. I'd say that you could have damaged the ESC, but if it went bad, it should be all bad.

Can you take a picture of it, or even better a short video?

thanks! how do i go about setting the throttle to zero? I checked the throttle direction in the radio and it is fine? even with that shouldn'T it at least beep?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Yes, in fact if the throttle was accidentally reverse, it should beep a bit. That would be putting the ESC into program mode. You don't want to do that unless you do.

Depending on the radio, there should be a screen that allows you to see where zero is, and if you need to make end point adjustments. Search for your model of radio, and end point adjustment on youtube, and you'll likely find a tutorial.

i am using a really old futaba radio and i can't seem to find that function, I think in the end i just need to plug in a new esc and see what happens?