Profile MiG-21 build

mdcerdan

Elite member
I think I am ready for the next step, to build a park jet so I decided to build a MiG-21 profile plane. I have no plans yet and no foamboard so I will use styrofoam, plywood and paper.
I made a chuck glider out of scrap foam to find the GC. Made the wings larger in order to get a slower plane.
I have a Emax 2812 1600KV motor I plan to use as pusher with 8x6 prop. I hope it will be enough to keep it airborne.
For the control surfaces I am considering using only elevons, I need to save weight so will use only 2 servos.
This is a work in progress so I am open to your ideas.

This is the test glider, flew amazingly well for a 100g of scrap foam.
20210207_185004.jpg
20210207_184957.jpg

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I think I am ready for the next step, to build a park jet so I decided to build a MiG-21 profile plane. I have no plans yet and no foamboard so I will use styrofoam, plywood and paper.
I made a chuck glider out of scrap foam to find the GC. Made the wings larger in order to get a slower plane.
I have a Emax 2812 1600KV motor I plan to use as pusher with 8x6 prop. I hope it will be enough to keep it airborne.
For the control surfaces I am considering using only elevons, I need to save weight so will use only 2 servos.
This is a work in progress so I am open to your ideas.

This is the test glider, flew amazingly well for a 100g of scrap foam.
View attachment 191735 View attachment 191736
Any updates? This looks like it would be an awesome combat airplane!