Question

Anuj

I made an ft flyer and I used a 1300kv motor 20amp esc 2s 20-30c lipo. The airplane doesn't have enough power to sustain flight. Do I need a new battery or a new motor?

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
Nothing but a different prop, probably. What prop are you using? Is the motor a "Blue wonder"..aka hextronics 24gr?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
How much does your Flyer weigh? Did you use Dollar Tree Foamboard or something else?

If you used Kapa boards it is about twice as heavy as it should be. You need more power then.

Tactical Ex

Knowing what propeller you are using and the capacity (mah) of the battery are import in order to get you the right answer. I'm sure if you provide those details one of us can help you out rather quickly.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
My current power train of preference is a 1300kv motor, 3S 2200mah battery, a 8x4 prop, and a 30amp ESC. I have more than enough power for a heavy FT flyer. If your motor can handle it, you could jump up to a 3 cell battery with the 8x4 prop and be fine. My system is rather overkill. The ESC is a much higher rating than needed and my motor can handle a bigger prop. But everything stays perfectly cool even if I'm full throttle for 10 minutes straight.

Random_rc

hello,

how long does the plane stay in the air for
and also try giving the plane a bit of up elevator( don't just fly level) because the wing works differently to a normal wing, they mentioned it on flitetest

also i fly with a 3s 800Mah battery so you might what to try a 3s battery.

RoyBro

Mentor
Make sure you've calibrated your ESC. I forgot that simple step once and found that I could barely keep it in the air. I won't forget again.

Anuj

I use an 8x4.5 prop and yes I used the hextronik 24g 1300kv motor, but it is not blue...

Anuj

I only had enough Dollar Tree for the fuselages and tail feathers. The wing is elmers foam board

Anuj

I bought a 500 mah 3s battery. Will a 1300kv motor be able to handle an 8x4.5 prop with the 3s?

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Flip the prop over and try the other side? I've put my prop on backwards before and it does the same thing as your describing.

Justin