Questions about Resources

Inq

Elite member
I have a few questions about the Resources sections...
  1. The Community Releases sub section... I'd assume the community means us on the forum. I can't post a thread there. Is it by invitation only or because I'm too new?
  2. I have several resources waiting, "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly." It's been about 10-12 days. Is that normal or is it because all the moderators are on holiday or did I miss some procedure where I need to message someone? I can be patient, I'm just wondering what the norm is.
  3. Is the approval procedure based on every submission or once I'm approved will my resources be automatically approved?
  4. Does the Resource section deal with updates/revisions or are all revisions to be posted as new resources? Is there some way a user would know if a resource is the latest one?
Thanks,
Inq

Tench745

Master member
1) Community Releases is the right section for us normal people to post our designs.
2) As far as I know, the moderators have to manually approve each resource posted. Sometimes they get to it right away. Other times we wait a bit. They're volunteers after all and seem to have their hands pretty full with spam bots lately.
3) Every submission has to be individually approved. Chances are they'll approve everything you have waiting in one go.
4) There should be a button somewhere once your resource is posted where you can upload a revision. This will need to be approved by a mod before it goes live, and if there are multiple files in the resource, you'll need to include all of them in the update, not just the one you're making changes to. For example, I have a decal set alongside my Spirit of St Louis plans. If I update the plans I have to include the decal set in the update or it will no longer show up in the download section.

Inq

Elite member
if there are multiple files in the resource, you'll need to include all of them in the update, not just the one you're making changes to. For example, I have a decal set alongside my Spirit of St Louis plans. If I update the plans I have to include the decal set in the update or it will no longer show up in the download section.

That sounds good! ... like the revised version replaces the old one so there is no accidental way of someone getting an old version.