InqCutter - Optimum Angle Razor Blade Holder

InqCutter - Optimum Angle Razor Blade Holder v1

Please log in to download

Inq

Elite member
Inq submitted a new resource:

InqCutter - Optimum Angle Razor Blade Holder - Tool to help those of us with less than Josh levels of skill

InqCutter is for people (like me) that had trouble coloring inside the lines :sneaky: or not as skilled as Josh in his videos (probably most of us).

Please be careful - I really don't want one of your children (or you) to get hurt with the upturned blade! Assume it is as dangerous as a powered table saw without a guard!

This is a simple 3D printed part made up of two pieces. It holds the razor blade in such a way that it cuts a 45° bevel in a...

Read more about this resource...

Inq

Elite member
Great idea.

I imagine with practice and at some level (like Josh and many here) don't need it. After writing the warning above (and nearly slicing my thumb) I thought why can't I add a table saw type guide to it? I'm thinking about my sub 10 year old grand children.

Piotrsko

Master member
Go look at a thing called a balsa stripper, but you would use a fixed stop built into the base

Reactions: Inq

Inq

Elite member
Go look at a thing called a balsa stripper, but you would use a fixed stop built into the base

Yes, I had one back in the dark ages of doing balsa planes. Although, it didn't come to mind when I was CAD'ing this up in about 30 minutes. I wasn't claiming, I'd invented sliced bread. This one would cost you about 10¢ (if you have a 3D printer).