rc submarine

flamingo

so is there a way i can get or make a little cam submarine? the ones i found online are $100 and above ill buy a 100 dollar but ill like something alittle cheaper

JeromeAu

If you have a 3D printer is possible to make one.

sub.png

Files are here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:887573

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I have never made a submarine, but I bet you could make a cheap and simple with just two motors or even out of the FT EZ power pack assuming it is waterproof or waterproof-able. Its as simple as having differential thrust for steering, and then have it balanced so it floats on its own, then give the motors down thrust so it can dive. I don't know. Its probably not what you're looking for.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Getting or making a submarine is not the hard part. Its controlling it while underwater that is the trick. Unless you do one that is hard wired and your wayyyyy outta your budget there.

@Snarls did a tethered ROV for school and documented it all here as well. Check that out for Ideas.

Robert S

All other things being equal, the higher the frequency, the worse RF's ability to propagate through water. That's why in those times when a real sub does try to communicate via RF under water, it will use ELF ov VLF bands (with a really, really, really long antenna) . Normal hobby transmitters these days are in the 2.4GHz range and although they will work, it's not going to work well or at any sort of distance that would be considered long range. Might work for for a depth of a few feet in a pool though depending on what ells was in the water that might also attenuate, or help propagate, the signal.

If you can find a older remote that works in VHF, that would still not be great but it would be far better than S Band.

Last edited:

flamingo

thanks now seeing that its hard ill just wait :( mostly because im doning other projects and i dont want to waste so much money