Recruit D4R-II and QX7 set up

Bricks

Master member
At this point I would take the gyro out of the equation.
Do not know what gyro you are using but most gyros any changes in radio does not change the gyro itself. Most gyros have to be programed thru a PC or thru the radio and then limited.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Another thing to look at is where your wires are routed. I have fried several servos on a project I am working on and found crossing signals is easy to do.

The servos will randomly peg themselves and then never work again (99 cent sale servos... go figure).

Make sure they are not bunched up and running parallel to each other so they can inject signals into each other.

shen13

Anyone here know how,to,wire frysky x4rsb to this wing..i think I have it all wired correctly except for ch4?which running it like i havemit ,it only has 3 channels,,I want to be able to hook up the mode wire for take off mode..
I’m used to,wiring quads with sbus where I have 16 channels,
Trying to use it without mode connected the wing is in full acro mode I thought you could change mode with button on the stabilizer but after about 3 seconds it goes back to full red led..
Maybe posting pics would help?

donalson

Maybe posting pics would help?

I got your PM... but I'll post the reply here as it was also asked here :)...

you need a full 4ch to work... however... when did you get the RMRC recruit? if it is a v2 the FC on it will work with S.bus or PPM which your x4r sb will do... if it is a v1 you can modify your x4r sb to turn the s.bus port to be a PWM output instead... but it is VERY small soldering work as I recall (I can dig out the URL if needed)... I'd suggest picking up another RX... the standard 4ch x4r instead of the 3/16ch one that you got.

shen13

Yes it’s version2...can you tell me how to get the x4rsb to work?
Also I did today order a new frysky V8R7 II
Itmwould be nice to have osd later on

donalson

I'm sorry I don't have the v2 and haven't played with it... but I do know it'll use the small white port that v1 used for the spektrum satellite... check the FB rmrc recruit group and they'll prob have the info you need

Flite Risk

Shen,
Review the pictures in my first post. Connect everything the way I do in the pics.
Then configure your radio just like I do in the pics.

shen13

Flight Risk
I understand but my X4r-sb is only 3 channels?rmrc sent me a message today and said to connect only the red whites black to the stabilizer..remember the receiver I have has sbus,,but rmrc never said to ch1 ch2 or where,
I’m thinking ch1,I will report back and see how it goes,,also if you know more of where please chime in
I have been told so many different ways,,thanks

donalson

Flight Risk
I understand but my X4r-sb is only 3 channels?rmrc sent me a message today and said to connect only the red whites black to the stabilizer..remember the receiver I have has sbus,,but rmrc never said to ch1 ch2 or where,
I’m thinking ch1,I will report back and see how it goes,,also if you know more of where please chime in
I have been told so many different ways,,thanks

ok that 3 wire plug set must also take PPM and S.bus... so perfect... plug it into the sbus plug of the x4rsb

shen13

ok that 3 wire plug set must also take PPM and S.bus... so perfect... plug it into the sbus plug of the x4rsb
Donaldson i have and left the rest of the wires off as instructed..I get eleron movement on ch1:throttle
and nothing else,,maybe setup new model?all I did was rebind on the model I was trying to setup..
How can something this simple be soo flipping hard to get working ?

donalson

Donaldson i have and left the rest of the wires off as instructed..I get eleron movement on ch1:throttle
and nothing else,,maybe setup new model?all I did was rebind on the model I was trying to setup..
How can something this simple be soo flipping hard to get working ?

make a new model and set it up as AETR, plug that wire that RMRC said into the Sbus plug on the rx (bottom plug near the s.port)... go from there...

shen13

Wow I think I got it,,,I had to manually setup the positions,,
Just one ..? When you put into take off mode with switch is it normal for the elerons to move as you throttle up?
In acro mode it doesn’t..normal or?
Guys thanks,,for the help...
I’m ready to,fly....wiring camera now,,)

donalson

Wow I think I got it,,,I had to manually setup the positions,,
Just one ..? When you put into take off mode with switch is it normal for the elerons to move as you throttle up?
In acro mode it doesn’t..normal or?
Guys thanks,,for the help...
I’m ready to,fly....wiring camera now,,)

3 modes... and you can invert whatever switch you have based on how you want it for whatever mode... one is the launch/auto lvl mode... another is acro (basically a straight pass-though mode) and then a stability mode which as I understand it helps with wind gusts and such... I think the middle mode was the passthough mode....

jack10525

Can anybody tell me how to set up this plane with a FS-iA6B receiver. The receiver is bound and working but can't get the controls to correspond with the stick input.

Flite Risk

Plug in the servo leads and each port until you get the response you want. It's kind of a dumb way to do it but without knowing the receiver it's a foolproof way of figuring it out

daxian

Elite member
channel 1 = ailerons
channel 2 = elevator
channel 3 = throttle
channel 4 = rudder
is the order fs i6b rx uses ....