Safety Hazards

jsknockoff

Mentor
So I was shopping on Tower Hobbies this morning trying to talk myself into pulling the trigger on a Bird of Time kit (watching Tex's build is making me jealous), and I see a safety warning. Apparently drilling, sanding, and sawing balsa in the state of CA is a safety concern that requires a warning label.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Thankfully I don't live in California! :)

Building a BoT is also on my list, even though I've got an ARF that Willsonman is holding hostage on me. I saw a short-kit on Ebay that looks interesting. It appears to only include the plans and ribs, as most everything else is sheet or stick.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Being east coast as am I we are not subject to what the left coast lives with. I have many friends out there and according to them NOTHING is save to do, use, wear, eat, or breath in the state of California. Take normal safety precautions and use a dust mask when sanding and work in well ventilated areas when gluing and you will be fine.

agentkbl

Illegal Squid Fighting?
I was at legoland, and the gates have a sign that says may contain chemicals known to cause cancer in the state of california, so I give up.